Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Love the sound of that combo. I’m using gateron baby kangaroos which has that same plastic combination.

1 Like

Tempted

*For Topre boards.

5 Likes

Unless you are only buying the keycaps for showpiece purposes, don’t buy it yet. You definitely need to wait and hear if they’ve fixed the issues from the first run of this mold. It was very problematic. Keycaps colliding with housing, and keycaps not fully seating into the switch. It was an overall terrible typing experience. I’ve asked for clarification but it’s been radio silence… which is probably a bad sign.

9 Likes

ShandonCodes is currently prototyping a TKL in the style of their Mino (below) called the Lino. More news to come soon, apparently.

Mino DIY kit

Drop has a special running, no sales tax for US and free international shipping (with code) for orders above $50

4 Likes

While researching for the Yellows post, I came across these:

Glow-in-the-dark Gats are returning, this time Inks made with the latest updated molds and factory lubing techniques. Pretty neat, pretty pricy.

6 Likes

Gonna be hard not to buy.

1 Like

I failed the trial…

10 Likes

Quick Draw McGraw over here

2 Likes

Keyboard of the sweaty kind.

2 Likes

GRID is back, this time with a modular macro pad. Wasn’t too excited until I saw the modular nature of it; there are essentially 5 columns that can be occupied by a combination of three modules; keys which take up one column, a rotary encoder that takes up two columns, or a joystick that takes up two columns. You can use any combo as far as I’m aware; all keys, one encoder, two encoders, etc.

I definitely don’t need another macro pad or knob - but the stick option is holding my attention a bit. Takes me back to my security desk days… if the stick also had a twist control I wouldn’t be able to resist - as-is I’m on the fence with the Alps stick module.

It’s the same one you’d find in a modern Xbox or Playstation controller, which means its a tried-and-true component - analog stick plus click functionality (but no twist like the control sticks that inspired the design). Unlike with game consoles or security terminals, though, these sticks have the option of anodized aluminum hardware with RGB rings around them… pretty cool if you ask me. Definitely fits my imaginary ideal computing aesthetic straight out of 90’s anime. :stuck_out_tongue:

i5555

6 Likes

Somehow I missed that the Class 60 has an EC option that is compatible with Topre.

Sign me up.

5 Likes

Well at least now we know (at least some of) those sold counters are actually accurate. I always assumed they were 100% made up.

1 Like

Finally!

An acrylic dust cover for the 68-key keyboards with «exploded» navigation blocks; my favourite layout.

However, I personally took the task upon me to pester with messaging an Aliexpress seller over the span of a couple of months until he or she eventually gave in…
…and made this special version cover for an «exploded» 68-key.

4 Likes

Usually they’re very nice, it’s the language barrier that keeps up from having shopping utopia on AE.

No, this time around, it was rather convincing that there is such a thing as 68-key keyboards with an «exploded» layout. I ended up sending many example pictures of different brands, together with measurements. All for this community, and my own collection of course.

2 Likes

Square-cluster users rejoice! This layout has been around a little while (Magicforce68) and has been getting a little more representation each year, with examples ranging from budget to full custom. Thanks for your persistence.

1 Like

This exists now - $45 isn’t cheap compared to a couple plastic syringes, but sometimes a specialized tool is really worth it if you have frequent need of it.

If this hobby were an RPG, stab wire balancing would be the stat I forgot to invest any points in on the character sheet - so I’ll take all the help I can get. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Because not all keebs need to connect to a PC…

…the Adafruit Feather RP2040 microcontroller with USB Type A Host:

with yesterday’s introduction video…

4 Likes
1 Like