Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

These do look really nice. I was excited when I saw they made them for split keyboards because I could really use a minimal carrying case for my Iris split. I have a hard case but it’s too big for traveling.

Had a bit of sticker shock seeing that the split sleeve starts at $90…

1 Like

Yeah agreed, but it really does look rather nice

1 Like

That phrase is the exact reason why my keyboard budget is continually exhausted :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Drop has another gacha box

2 Likes

Flash sale on Silk Mictlan switches; these are Silk Yellow recolors that come in an assortment of stem colors like the Milkshake ones did.

ThereminGoat reviewed them not too long ago here.

4 Likes

Cannonkeys partnering with Haimu to make new switches

5 Likes

The Mint switch sounds like something I’d love; CK describes it as “hyper-tactile” and feeling more tactile than Neapolitans.

Also in new tactile switch news, Loobed Switches released an “Oak” tactile in both stock and hand-lubed:

NearLucid’s review seems a bit mixed:

2 Likes

This RoboCop-inspired keeb isn’t my favorite when it comes to custom aesthetics, but I’d be lying if I said no part of me thought it was cool - I think my favorite bit is actually the three color-configurable indicator lights in the blocker. Less a fan of the chopped corner, but I do like the lines.

More interesting though is the optional mounting stuff; there’s a sock / shoe type gasket solution, but there’s also this, which is a sort of a short leaf adaptation;

No clue what it will feel like, but I’m curious.

5 Likes

Zeal has a few items on sale including 67g Zealio v1 redux for $0.55/switch.

I’m not in the market for one, but the Keychron Q3 Pro in silver actually looks pretty slick, after initially not really liking the black. Olive looks alright, too.

5 Likes

The big knob looks nice, but I wonder why didn’t they make the Macro keys the same height as the rest of the keycaps? It makes the left hand side look out of place to me.

1 Like

Ye but you will “never” find matching profile anyway (or colors) for that kind of cap :person_shrugging: (DSA and such excluded)

Hall-effect switches, anyone? (I believe the Wooting keyboards do the same?)

Interesting stuff!

3 Likes

Reminds me that the Keystone hasn’t shipped :skull: :skull:

2 Likes

That’s highly tempting. I like the macro row too, that’s a nice bonus.

1 Like

matt3o made a review of it, the switches are pingy in his experience

4 Likes

Today DrunkDeer joins James Donkey on my list of favorite keyboard brand names

8 Likes

lol, did you read all of the company names they have registered?

5 Likes

Someone likes swans and mangoes…

2 Likes

“Two tastes that go GREAT together!”
:swan: + :mango: = :drooling_face:

2 Likes