Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

They should have chosen an art deco font (more) for the keycap legends to make it complete.

A bunch of house keysets and a few other items including Gateron CAPs on clearance - the PBT keycap sets are $50. :+1:

4 Likes

$50 DSS Easter is pretty insane considering how pricey SP always is. I had to pick some up

1 Like

On the topic of SP, they are selling old legends which you can get in pendant form.

Obviously expensive for what amounts to a tiny piece of CNC’d brass, but I was pleased to get a bit of wearable history. Pretty fun to think thousands of keycaps were manufactured with it. I got a small pendant with the legendary (hah get it?) “SHIF T”

Legend Pendants - Pimpmykeyboard.com

3 Likes

Flash sale at Dorp - you can get MT3 WoB, Dasher, and Dancer for $39 each, or GMK Lime for $79.

4 Likes

If this switch comes to be it could be interesting…and I’m a sucker for chocolate caramel :yum:

1 Like
8 Likes

Feker trying to copy Nuphy with this YK75? :upside_down_face:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExZORcz

3 Likes

Fascinating. There are actually 4 * 3 * 2 * 1 = 24 possible combinations for inline cursor/arrow keys.

1 Like

I wonder what keycap set that is in the preview image? I’ve been looking for a set with the Art Deco-style C128 legends forever. (This looks like a MX set on a modern TKL, versus any Commodore model I’m familiar with.)

Anyone seen these before? They look really nice, also as a laptop sleeve…

(From their Geekhack Groupbuy page)

[GB] Handmade Premium Custom Keyboard Bags (and more) Round 5, [ending May 21st]

3 Likes

@mf68 The take that just having arrows at all is obviously better made me laugh, though it makes sense in context. (Insert tenalice with middle cluster entirely populated with arrows here.)

@Etherial I couldn’t say, but I figured some of these visuals would catch some attention here. He may respond if you comment.

Just saw Blueberry Chiffons are on sale in anticipation of v2. They say v1 has too much leaf ping.

Ideas on what you can do with these switches:

• Frankenswitching - Find a new housing for the stems. These are the source of the tactility.
  • Leaf shroud mod - Tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzrW-tPnEVo
  • Use as is - if you just want the tactile feel, but don’t mind the sound
  • Relube and experiment however you like

Does anyone know if these stems would fit Cherry MX Blue or Gateron Green housings? (Actually, I have a couple of Blueberry Chiffons thanks to a kind forum member. Perhaps I should try them myself, huh?)

2 Likes

These do look really nice. I was excited when I saw they made them for split keyboards because I could really use a minimal carrying case for my Iris split. I have a hard case but it’s too big for traveling.

Had a bit of sticker shock seeing that the split sleeve starts at $90…

1 Like

Yeah agreed, but it really does look rather nice

1 Like

That phrase is the exact reason why my keyboard budget is continually exhausted :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Drop has another gacha box

2 Likes

Flash sale on Silk Mictlan switches; these are Silk Yellow recolors that come in an assortment of stem colors like the Milkshake ones did.

ThereminGoat reviewed them not too long ago here.

4 Likes

Cannonkeys partnering with Haimu to make new switches

5 Likes

The Mint switch sounds like something I’d love; CK describes it as “hyper-tactile” and feeling more tactile than Neapolitans.

Also in new tactile switch news, Loobed Switches released an “Oak” tactile in both stock and hand-lubed:

NearLucid’s review seems a bit mixed:

2 Likes

This RoboCop-inspired keeb isn’t my favorite when it comes to custom aesthetics, but I’d be lying if I said no part of me thought it was cool - I think my favorite bit is actually the three color-configurable indicator lights in the blocker. Less a fan of the chopped corner, but I do like the lines.

More interesting though is the optional mounting stuff; there’s a sock / shoe type gasket solution, but there’s also this, which is a sort of a short leaf adaptation;

No clue what it will feel like, but I’m curious.

5 Likes