Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I think they go way over the top in trying to make it look like that specific camera, but what bothers me about the whole concept is that it seems to be unauthorized piggy backing on someone else’s brand and image. I don’t really have any interest in Leica cameras, but if I did, I would probably dislike the board even more.

1 Like

Players can put Kframe upright as a photo frame, hang it on the wall as a picture frame, or use it as a
Keycap tray display. At the same time, you can match keycaps of various styles and colors according to the keycaps in your hand, and you can also
You can freely replace the upper and lower covers, nameplates, and axis colors to achieve more combinations.

JTK Kframe keycap photo frame 12 colors 50 yuan

Summary

7 Likes

Kinda nifty idea. I like it.

4 Likes

There’s another GMK sale from DC but do keep in mind that some of the sets there have issues with crooked alt and ctrl keys.

SP Keyboard have pretty much kept their Cyber Monday sale prices and added some new things to it (like a 248 key set of DSA Hanna, all kits, for 75% off!)

It is as if they are clearing out all their pre-produced inventory.

The on demand Dye Sub prices are the same.

Also, grab bags are back - this time only in 5lb bags with ~1300 keys each!

3 Likes

Was looking for split ergo keyboards so I thought I’d include my research here for anyone else looking for the same thing. I might come back to this depending on how my decision at the end works out.

sofle guide: SofleKeyboard | A split keyboard based on Lily58, Crkbd and Helix keyboards

keyhive, $75 diy kit without a full case: Sofle RGB — KeyHive

ergomech.store, $330 for a full preassembled sofle with a case: Sofle RGB – Enclose Case | Ergomech Store

keeb.io $350 iris case: Iris Aluminum Case – Keebio

keebmaker has a full sofle with case for $289 but only has renders: Sofle MX Keyboard

I ended up rebuying another used red lulu (I sold my GB one a long time ago) because nothing else looked as nice and was available in red. This feels a little yucky because:

things that make you go hmm: I still really don’t like the decisions boardsource made to focus their development time on a commercial, closed-source GUI frontend instead of the open-source free solutions that are already out there. I wrote a lot more of this and deleted it. There’s more important things to be upset about in 2024.

Woah, apparently peg went open source! Really good news!

2 Likes

Somehow I missed this in-stock sale at KBDfans - I love this concept. Wireless, split HHKB!

And they use the battery bump for feet, which is pretty ingenious.

4 Likes

Speaking of splits, CannonKeys added pricing and more details to the listing page for the Altair and Altair-X by ai03.

Looks like $300 for the 4-row and $315 for the 5-row, with PCBs, plates, weights, connecting cable, and hard case included in the price. Wooden wrist rests and e-coat option will be extra.

5 Likes

Impressive pricing. I was assuming it would be a bit north of $400 with the two halves and weights.

3 Likes

Soooo so in for this one. Ai03 did it again

2 Likes

I don’t think I can, but it seems really great.

Same.

For what it is, the pricing is great!

3 Likes

This is really cute.

4 Likes

Dang that’s cute. My wallet is scared.

1 Like

Confirmation on Divinikey Discord: there will be a r2 of KKB Retro Mixed Lights.

4 Likes

hooray!

Saw two new partially-transparent keysets, with very different takes on the idea.

First up is a mixed PBT and PC keyset sold by Keebmonkey called “PBT.FUN-0002” or maybe “CHEMICAL-001.” Naming is a little confusing on this one. This set appears to use mostly opaque PBT caps with transparent PC used for other keys:

Next is a doubleshot, partially translucent ABS set with ghost legends named PBTfans X-Ray and sold by Omnitype. It’s not available for sale yet, but looks really interesting:

It’s not easy to see in the photos/renders, but the legends are doubleshot in WS1 white, so they’ll have a 3-D effect inside the keycaps. Note the bottom part of the “J” here:

6 Likes

Re: PBTFans X-Ray ^^ By the same designer of GMK Modern Materials, which is coming soon!

4 Likes

$250 target still in place. Now with USB hub, brass internal db cover, and full spectrum indicator lights. Late q2/early q3 gb estimate. IC form with color, plate, and add-on choices.

6 Likes