Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

As a H1 fan, this is super exciting. By saying V2, they mean new molds right? Like they can’t just call them a “V2” just because, right? It’s just they never mention anything not per usual with these.

2 Likes

Aw, it’s finna be peanut butter clicky time

8 Likes

“Compared to the V1 version, JWK has light factory oil lubed.” what a strange reason to call them v2. almost like the alpaca situation.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Plus, I could have sworn my V1’s were lubed – every so slightly. Big hmm and weird for sure.

Are the V2 JWKs supposed to be lightly factory lubed? the latest Durock linears I got were absolutely soaked in oil, a terrible ones too.

1 Like

I’m afraid so. I so wish they’d just give us the option instead of foisting all that cheap grease on us. Like those Gateron Speed Silver Pro’s – great switch but you need a wet-nap after just handling them.

1 Like

Ducky is introducing a new hotswap full size. Pretty rare unless you get a cheap Red Dragon with Outemu sockets, or a low profile GMMK.

Looks like this will be Hi-Profile and Ducky is usually solid.

Not for me, but finally a full size I can recommend to friends who insist on 104+ keys.

8 Likes

Screenshot 2022-04-24 2.25.38 PM

giphy

Could it be… a truly tactile Choc switch…?

https://qweebs.com/shop/switches/choc-sunset-switches/

I’m not usually into pre-purchasing, but this is a pretty exciting possibility.

6 Likes

I had two of these for testing before the pre-sale started.

One word: yes

6 Likes

ai03 designed

3 Likes

A little bummed they got on the gasket bandwagon. I always likes how the Brutal series typed with simple top burger mount. Honestly, I know gaskets are less fiddly if done correctly, but this doesn’t feel like an evolution of the Brutal series.

The move to a daughterboard and the addition of weights would have been enough for me.

Now the only differentiator will be the price (if they can maintain Brutal pricing) and styling.

2 Likes

KBDFans puts out an IC for something surprisingly fun:

3 Likes

That’s WILD. Funky and fresh – finally.

1 Like

MK (MechanicalKeyboards.com) has their own branded switches now. As usual with the site smaller numbers are expensive but approach normal the closer you get to a full-size keeb’s worth of switches.

Not sure who makes these, but check out that big ol’ bump.

4 Likes

DSS Easter is on sale at Novelkeys for $109. That’s a steep discount. If you’ve ever wanted to try DSS, it might be a good fit for you.

Seriously impressed with their customer service once again. When I saw it on sale today after buying it just a week ago, I asked for a price adjustment and was reimbursed 2 minutes after sending the email.

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 11.50.29 AM

This business with the legs having that extra material, is there a name for this?

I’ve noticed it’s more the thing now, but dude it makes swapping switches a hulk smashing experience sometimes. I’ve torn up more switch tops than I’d like to admit. I usually end up clipping them.

1 Like

Reminds me when I installed Gateron Yellows KS8 into an XD87 kit.
The KS8 have bigger than usual legs and the XD87 PCB seems to have smaller holes than usual.

Wasn’t a pleasant experience.

2 Likes

I think “splines” is the word; I think the idea of having a thinner shaft with splines as opposed to a thicker shaft is that the splines can theoretically be Hulked-through with less consequences, thus making the switch fit tightly into a wider range of boards. It’s a toss-up for me whether I’d rather have that or pins that have play in some PCBs.

1 Like

Not sure how legitimate this is, but this macropad looks pretty appealing for the price if all is true. VIA ready with the firmware seemingly downloadable from the product page. Looks cool

https://www.doiokb.com/product/doio-16键-设计师小键盘-三旋钮-客制化-机械键盘-自定义-kb16-01/