Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Haven’t seen much mention of the SImpler60 here. Cool kit.

For those curious: Simpler60 Keyboard – Prime Keyboards

Missing out on the Midway60 made me contemplate picking up this kit. Really dig the chamfered front lip look that these two have.

5 Likes

Interesting! I dig the look of it. I’ve never seen hotswap sockets like that before and that also has to be the biggest daughterboard cutout of all time. It’s HUGE.

2 Likes

Learned about this neat switch stem database (pictures + measurements) on Discord. I don’t know much about the source/origin, but it’s pretty cool and extensive.

5 Likes

holy smokes… that’s a lot of data

2 Likes

Cubic profile Alps GB going on right now from Hex Keyboards:

Taihao Cubic Alps Doubleshot Keycaps – Hex Keyboards
Our days of scavenging old ALPS keyboards for keycaps are over!

3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about the mods having Alps stabilizers. Have to think on that.

As a H1 fan, this is super exciting. By saying V2, they mean new molds right? Like they can’t just call them a “V2” just because, right? It’s just they never mention anything not per usual with these.

2 Likes

Aw, it’s finna be peanut butter clicky time

8 Likes

“Compared to the V1 version, JWK has light factory oil lubed.” what a strange reason to call them v2. almost like the alpaca situation.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. Plus, I could have sworn my V1’s were lubed – every so slightly. Big hmm and weird for sure.

Are the V2 JWKs supposed to be lightly factory lubed? the latest Durock linears I got were absolutely soaked in oil, a terrible ones too.

1 Like

I’m afraid so. I so wish they’d just give us the option instead of foisting all that cheap grease on us. Like those Gateron Speed Silver Pro’s – great switch but you need a wet-nap after just handling them.

1 Like

Ducky is introducing a new hotswap full size. Pretty rare unless you get a cheap Red Dragon with Outemu sockets, or a low profile GMMK.

Looks like this will be Hi-Profile and Ducky is usually solid.

Not for me, but finally a full size I can recommend to friends who insist on 104+ keys.

8 Likes

Screenshot 2022-04-24 2.25.38 PM

giphy

Could it be… a truly tactile Choc switch…?

https://qweebs.com/shop/switches/choc-sunset-switches/

I’m not usually into pre-purchasing, but this is a pretty exciting possibility.

6 Likes

I had two of these for testing before the pre-sale started.

One word: yes

6 Likes

ai03 designed

3 Likes

A little bummed they got on the gasket bandwagon. I always likes how the Brutal series typed with simple top burger mount. Honestly, I know gaskets are less fiddly if done correctly, but this doesn’t feel like an evolution of the Brutal series.

The move to a daughterboard and the addition of weights would have been enough for me.

Now the only differentiator will be the price (if they can maintain Brutal pricing) and styling.

2 Likes

KBDFans puts out an IC for something surprisingly fun:

3 Likes