Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I tried a couple samples of those Tecsee Mediums - they seem decent! They’re the only “medium profile” switch I’ve tried so far so I don’t have much to compare them to directly, but from how I’ve heard others (like the Outemus) described, these seem like a real upgrade.

Something I don’t think they mention on the sales page for the switches: they’re silent. Technically half-silent, I guess - only the downstroke is dampened with silicone - but the travel is so short and the top housings so soft, that the top-out doesn’t really need a dampener to be quiet.

Also, dang, thanks for the heads up on that sale, @rpiguy9907!

5 Likes

Salvation Extras at NovelKeys (Anno + eCoat options)

4 Likes

Also, Drop’s DCX BOGO sale back on (as long as one of the sets is BoW or WoB…)

5 Likes

Ordered a copper slag!

5 Likes

Dumb question, is DCX noticeably different from Cherry profile? To my uneducated eye it looks almost certainly indistinguishable.

1 Like
6 Likes

I’ve got these as I wanted to put them in my Dygma Raise which I can’t get to sound decent despite all sorts of mods…thanks for reminding me to put them on!

2 Likes

Wow, I was nearly three weeks absent from this group, and I am now really overwhelmed by the vast amount of new switches and other items. It looks like an entirely new market place now…

2 Likes

Sorry if this is not the right place for posting this (couldn’t find any better threads), but Monkeytype turned 3 this week on which occasion I reached out to lead dev Jack with some questions:

8 Likes

NovelKeys has a dozen group buy keycap set extras up for preorder. For the set I’m familiar with (KAM Superuser), extras prices are very reasonable.

You can get Superuser in like a month or so while I’ve been waiting since Feb. 2021 because I ordered during the GB. * not annoyed at all mumbling under my breath * :melting_face:

2 Likes

I know sound tests are all subjective and chock full of variables, but I thought it was kind of neat :grin:

9 Likes

I think sound tests are at their most useful when they involve direct comparisons made under otherwise matching conditions - so I’d call this super useful. :+1:

It may not represent how they will sound on your keeb at your desk - but do offer a point of relative comparison, especially if you do have one of the examples being compared.

8 Likes

Can’t see yet what sets are included.

6 Likes

im glad its not just me that couldnt see the sets lol

Here ya go!

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/inventory-release-may-2023

1 Like

I think this is something different. Says it starts at 9:00 pst on the 20th. Guess I’ll check it out then.

1 Like

Update on the MTNU profile from matt3o. The first round of kits will be WOB, Beige and Susu(-watari) and the vendors are mentioned too

5 Likes

shipping for me is $18 for a set via e-packet and $30 for 2 sets. Looks like if you order more than 2 sets they only allow express shipping which is pricey, so probably not saving much. But there are some good deals in here. For instance, I can get GMK Yeeti shipped for $138 and it’s $191 for the same on Kono.

$89 sets:

• 80082 Bloo
  • Honor Light
  • Honor Dark
  • Keykobo Taiji

$99 sets:

• Awaken Mainframe
  • Awaken Neon Tokyo
  • Bento R2 Traditional
  • Dots 2 Light
  • Dots 2 Dark
  • Grand Prix