Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Interesting set from SwagKeys. First PBT set? And only $65 with impressive coverage. GMK Villanelle has some competition!

good catch, didn’t realize it was a diferent site since I was browsing so late and now I see the TF artisans too! a 3 pack or the whole set of five

3 Likes

Can anyone explain the name? Je ne vois aucune rose dans ce jeu. There would normally be some pink of some kind. In foxhunting the term for the white and red outfits is also pink but that’s red and white, not red and cream. This looks like a strawberries and cream set was mislabelled by accident.

Gloss lacquer option? Wow, who would want a keyboard that shiny, lol.

3 Likes

Different strokes, I guess. I had a Prophet refinished in a custom color with a glossy clear coat and I really liked it. Certainly not for everyone but I think it can look good in certain applications.

2 Likes

That is a pretty awesome design though. I think the gloss does work.

1 Like

Reminds me of the all-time best looking computer.

9 Likes

That is a really outstanding design. You can see that it’s aged, but the design still holds up today.

1 Like

But why do they put Alice in the name? :expressionless:

5 Likes

It’s funky… but I kinda love it.

That phrase describes how I feel about MelGeek in general, and also applies to their latest gasket pre-built, the Modern97;

They’re offering a $40 off coupon during the pre-order if you’re into it.

1 Like

I like the finish a lot. Not of fan of the form factor.

3 Likes

Why oh why did I have to discover 378 by Noxary? 378 – Noxary

First I couldn’t afford the OGR by AKB. Now this? What’s next, another sexy unobtanium 65XT? :sob:

3 Likes

Mein gott.

That’s a form factor I can enjoy. The FC660 with macro columns, or function row, or whatever. Glad I don’t have an extra $500 burninating a hole in my pocket.

5 Likes

Ok, so it’s TGR that’s deserve the rage! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wild tangent but the key caps intrigue me. They look sort of like DCS with the Gorton legends but thicker. I quite like it.

3 Likes

That’s their MCR profile caps. Definitely unique.

2 Likes

Found a custom EC pcb and plate for the M0110 clone while lurking aliexpress :slight_smile:

Capacitor keyboard 60% PCB VIAL Layouts QMK
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNhWnNW

Also a Solenoid for the M0110 clone:

M0110 D0110 Keyboard Solenoid
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m05SXNe

6 Likes

This looks very similar (but not identical) to the EC60 PCB. It’d be lovely if I could just get a plate (or plate file). This would be a fun one to tinker with for cheap.

Hadn’t heard of this until seeing it randomly on their site - seems like a pretty neat idea;

Contact-based mechanical switches with two actuation points. Two sets of contacts that actuate at different heights. The software lets you pick how that plays-out:

• Speed mode: top contact only, acts like a speed switch
  • Typist mode: bottom contact only, more like a normal switch
  • Agile mode: both contacts, each mapped differently
  • Parallel mode: both contacts, each mapped the same

Dose isn’t the worst name, but I might have called it Janus

Seems like this keeb (and the switch its built around) can do some of the things that analog ones can, but with a lower-tech solution. It does seem like a potentially great way to make a space-saving keyboard actually viable for folks who enjoy games with lots of commands, or want to reduce how many different keys they actually need to hit.

I can’t think of any reason why I’d personally use one, but I do think it’s neat someone tried it, and I can imagine use-cases where it would be beneficial.

2 Likes