Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

New Cream “arcs” in stock at novelkeys. I wonder what this differs from just a regular cream :thinking:.

Edit: Also seems to be a slight shade less vibrant than regular creams
https://novelkeys.com/collections/top-dogs/products/nk_-cream-series?variant=42190993326247

1 Like

It’s a different spring.

I meant as in performance other than just the spring, maybe better molds?

Actuation distance changed from 2mm to 1.9mm so mold may have changed.

What I love about NK Cream is that it’s the only long-poll switch with full 4mm key travel. They went through the trouble of changing the mold to account for the long poll. AFAIK, none of the recent flood of long-poll switches did this.

1 Like

I think Kailh’s “regular” linears have always been like that; Reds, Blacks, etc. - Creams do have different molds than those, but they have that in common IIRC.

1 Like

Here we go:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 23-02-14 Microsoft Word - CPG151101S111规格书 - CPG151101S111_Cream_Arc_Switch.pdf

It’s called “Arc” for the shape of its progressive force-curve.

For comparison, here’s one from the standard Cream:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 23-02-25 1 - Cream_Specs.pdf

Also hot damn 120g bottom-out

3 Likes

They should’ve named it Cream Samoa. Gotta pump some muscle for righteous clacks.

1 Like

Akko does it too with their CS line

1 Like

SAME. I had them in my cart but just can’t pull the trigger. Lol.

Vortex have started a pre order of their PCJr keyboards, there are meant to be another couple of retro inspired boards on the way too - the HHKB Apple board I can never remember the name of, and a Model M SSK.

Two options, 66 and 68 keys, I went for the 66 as I love my CA66. Hotswap and Bluetooth/wireless - new to vortex keyboards maybe.

I love my retro boards so I’m going to get one of each.

7 Likes

Ordered. Thanks!

2 Likes

Rumor has it the CA66 will make another appearance in new colors as well. If the “Play Keyboard” Discord is to be believed at least.

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, and thank you for sharing this. Ordered.

@rpiguy9907 I’m so excited dude.

1 Like

I know and it supposedly ships by May!

1 Like

Hmm. It’s hotswap and the description doesn’t list switches as being included… but you have to select which Cherry switches you want?

It includes a switch puller. If I have to pay a little extra for some cherry switches I might not use that’s ok for me.

Good for them. I never thought I’d be this jazzed for one of their products.

4 Likes

Cherry Stream TKL (scissor switch) preorders up on Amazon:

Black: Amazon.com
Grey: https://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-TenKeyLess-Compact-Keystroke-Industrial/dp/B09N9D45F9/

I have one preordered and will give initial impressions and then a follow-up a few weeks later.

I have to say I am a bit concerned by its $25 asking price. Even if the quality is good how is Cherry making any money on this? For any other membrane keyboard I wouldn’t be concerned but scissor switches require a little more finesse at the factory level which is why they’ve been mostly abandoned outside of laptops.

6 Likes

Kickstarter Tank Mouse: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lukas-remis/tank-mouse-your-new-amiga-mouse/description

8 days left as of this post.

2 Likes

There’s a GH60 compatible JIS-layout hotswap PCB. I think I just bought one – thank you Google Translate. I’m sure this isn’t new, but I’m stoked to be able to try out a new layout within the MX universe.

There is an open-source option, but I’m super lazy.

6 Likes