Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

any comments on wobble? Usually wobble or weird ticking/unclean noises is what I don’t like about switches :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They’re hardly terrible, but compared to many other recent switches I think the Namazu are fairly wobbly. Probably would have been considered pretty standard a few years ago.

2 Likes

Well, they already make the ones that comes with Wooting 60HE, but this is good. We need more parts so we can mod them. I want the ink Box Pink stem to be made.

1 Like

I believe I lubed and filmed mine with Deskeys films before I even put them in anything.

I will check them out again when I get home this evening. I think I only ran them in my Jris65 for about a week before putting another switch in.

At $0.45/switch, they aren’t too bad. There are worse switches you can get for that price, but also better…

Worst case, you can always swap out the stems with some from Geon, WS, or KNC and still end up with a nice switch for under $0.60/each.

I have so many switches lying around that need work. I think these sound nice, but probably need some work. So I’ll probably pass. Still looking for a great stock black switch. The vertex V one switches I recently put in my Foundation are quite nice, but still not perfect :crazy_face:

1 Like

Emogogo Hybrid Blacks were another one that I thought was pretty good. They use the H1 bottom housings that I use on my BCPs.

YT review of them here:

2 Likes

There is also the Mode Obscura linears.

I had broken-in mine for 500K and then only lubed the springs as the stock lube job on the stem didn’t seem too egregious.

I recently swapped out the Tangerines in my Sonnet with them, and I really like the way they sound, but I am a big fan of long-pole switches. If anything, I would go with a lighter, multi-stage spring, but out of the bag, I think they are pretty great. :+1::+1:

5 Likes

Vortex with the new Retro inspired boards they plan to make.

F62, F77, M0110A and Model M mini. Will I buy all of them? Probably. :crazy_face: Well maybe not the M0110A. I’ve never really cared for that layout for some reason.

4 Likes

A linear Gateron! But seriously - it’s a PuNkShoO design with a little something special.

The housing is good ol’ PA66, but with specially polished rails in the molds. Not a totally new thing for Gateron, but I think it might be new to their polyamide switches. The stem is Ink material, also polished - I believe this should be pretty similar to the one found in North Poles.

The aim here is to make a smooth switch with a delicious clack not dissimilar from BCPs - and while I’m sure no one has ever tried that before (/s), I also think PuNkShoO’s track-record is quite solid, and I’m already quite a fan of those Ink stems. I think they’re great with polycarb - curious to see how they do with polished Nylon. I’ve never even tried a BCP, but I bet these will sound great.

4 Likes

On sale GMK Lavender:

4 Likes

Kind of cute. Nice to see something simple.

3 Likes

Hmm, if the plate file is available for this it would be something relatively inexpensive to play around with.

1 Like

What is “Aluminium Spraying”? Paint with aluminium particles?

Since they reference “accumulation of powder” I assume it is powder coated.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to need to snatch one of these.

2 Likes

https://oblotzky.industries/ has a sale until July 23rd on most of their GMK at 119€ with VAT, Honor and 80082 at €99 with VAT

Edit: Oblotzky added a new slower but cheaper shipping method for US/CA, €16 and works on orders of max size GMK base kit + 1-2 addons

https://switchoddities.com/ Is also running a July sale. 10% off all orders, 15% off $25, 20% off $50, 25% off $100, and 30% off orders of $150 or more

1 Like

This weird looking mouse.

I’ve been using a PBT mouse (the Ducky Secret M) for about 5 years now, having chosen it to hopefully work better with my clammy hands. It did! In that time it went out of production and I replaced the switches in it twice to keep it going before it came back in stock anywhere.

Well - now the Secret is no longer the only PBT mouse (that I’m aware of), and its new sibling-in-skin has plenty to distinguish itself. Mainly: it’s wirless, and it looks funky as heck.

It’s kinda hideous… but I kinda love it. Reminds me of janky high-tech low-life aesthetics that I’ve grown to be fond of;

[An Improbable Future Instagram]

I appreciate highly-resolved designs, symmetry, balance - but something about this speaks to me.

I also enjoy that the mouse buttons almost look like* chunky OEM or Cherry profile keycaps rather than flat sheets of flexible plastic. *(Edit: not look like - are. Those are MX-mount mouse buttons.)

It’s funky. I like it.

5 Likes

I am not sure of how compatible they are

3 Likes

Ha, bit of a stretch, isn’t it? They went to the trouble of giving it mx-mount stems and then put an xl-sized encoder in the way of anything that might fit on them. :stuck_out_tongue: I appreciate you sharing that - I posted it on the Drop discussion page.

One more edit; this makes a tiny bit more sense: Lofree has 5 or 6 versions of those mouse-caps with different designs dye-sub’d onto them. So unlike what Drop’s sales page suggests most keycaps won’t fit on this mouse - but there is at least some reason for those mounts as the caps can be customized and swapped-out.

You guys receive this email?

Check out the highlighted area! Interesting!

The form is interesting. A lot of questions about what type of keyboards you own and what you like about them. Seems that they are focusing on keyboards and less on keycaps with this survey.

The link to the survey currently says it’s over quota limit. Whoopsie.

4 Likes