Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Don’t tell me they are going the route of a signature (pun intended) board? I can see that being a good idea in practice, but I am not sure I trust them to pull something like that off…

I don’t know. I think it would be better if they just teamed up with something like CannonKeys or Hibi.

They may finally be running SA Retro as promised years ago. Would make sense especially since the MT3 Retro GB failed to meet MOQ at Drop.

3 Likes

it certainly seems like they are planning to make a keyboard. Not sure we need that
ShrugGIF

Dumb question: is “TLK” likely just a typo for “TKL” or does it potentially mean something else in this context?

1 Like

ha. im betting that’s a typo

1 Like

I replied and it gets weirder.

They setup a Discord server.

Yeah, SP is on Discord now.

4 Likes

I still remember the early days when they were making their own themed keycaps sets. They were not great.

I appreciate them and what they do, but they didn’t really have a young person with pulse on the community. Why would they to be honest? I always heard their regular business dwarfs anything from the hobby.

1 Like

Yeah, but I think the days of POS systems needing physical keyboards is probably diminishing rapidly. While the mechanical keyboard enthusiast market is growing… at least for now.

I also think they need to get invested in a new keycap profile. I’m a fan of SA, but after trying URSA and appreciating that the classic look can also be wildly comfortable, SA isn’t quite what it once was to me. I also have a soft spot for MT3 as well.

4 Likes

TKC is having a backstock keeb sale today! This is the first time I’ve seen a Godspeed for sale in a long time Warehouse Wednesday - Keyboards – TheKey.Company

3 Likes

Ya like red?

8 Likes

I would be all over an MT3 version of Garnet.

1 Like

How much red is TOO MUCH red for the Salvation? :thinking:

2 Likes

woweee :fire: :hearts:

If I didn’t own crimson cadet, I’d be all over this set. It’s very nice

2 Likes

Not quite “Corsair Red”, so still a Pure Drop Product™ :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

A while back on the Ace Keyboard Discord, someone said they were doing an IC for an all-red SA set similar to this. Never saw anything come of it, though I’ve been keeping an eye out.

1 Like

In all of the Corsair/Drop/GeekHack talk, Taeha hyping up KeebTalk

8 Likes

Eyy KeebTalk is hip again lol

That’s what I love about this place though - it’s casual, but full of useful information. The atmosphere is friendly with a sense of humor, while being free of elitism and mostly free of shitposting. (We have a little fun sometimes.) I do use this site religiously - and it’s probably because that corporate taint hanging-over most of the internet just isn’t here. Fresh air! It’s like, organic, man

8 Likes

When’s the next run of these stickers?? :wink:

1 Like

Click here to request product. Dorp-style.

3 Likes

I suppose this would be an apt time for another run :smile:

On that note…

I think I’ll make some of these too :joy:

Apparently they’ve changed their typeface to a more modern sans-serif with wide spacing, but this one is a little more accommodating to additional letters thanks to more normal kerning.

I haven’t used my plotter in years but once I get it talking to my current computer I’ll make a new sticker post. :3

Edit: heck, why not, optional wide-format current version:

12 Likes