Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

IMG_2145

…or whatever the going rate for stickers are these days! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Any chance you remember a rough timestamp?

Yo, the Aliexpress M0110 and NCR80 both come in black now!

Screenshot 2023-07-20 122706

Screenshot 2023-07-20 122743

Apple one would look slick with a black PVD badge

12 Likes

Pretty great looking NCR too! I wish they would do something with the Numlock badge thing so that you could put your own paper/color under there.

The only negative I see is that it doesn’t appear to come in WKL top. But still, very nice. And you can add the EC kit too :slight_smile: Although, it’s pricey at $160

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805591936881.html

Oh yeah… and costar :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d love to know if I could snag a plate file for this so I could EC it myself. It’s such a cool idea but $160 is just too steep.

It’s linked in the post at the timestamp.

Drop announced MT3 Extended 2048 Dark:

Unless I missed it in the article, they don’t mentioned if this will be PBT or ABS MT3 but either way it has to be a new thing, right?

Either:

1. The first all-over dye sub PBT MT3
  2. The first ABS MT3 set with a custom font

Here’s the announcement:

2 Likes

I doubt it will be ABS 2shot. Drop can’t even keep the current moulds upright.

2 Likes

Just saw a comment under that post where biip confirms that they’ll be dye-sub PBT:

2 Likes

Did ABS run over this guy’s mother, repeatedly?

10 Likes

Easily one of the silliest comments I’ve ever seen.

6 Likes

I think you may be right. I prefer PBT over ABS too, but you know there’s history between this guy and ABS to get to this level of disgust.

6 Likes

Was this crafted from PBT, the purest form of holy and righteous plastic to grace the earth? Or ABS, aka THE DEVIL’S RESIN, summoned forth from the bowels of hell to encrust and entomb my precious puppy Mr. Fluffers? How dare you, Drop… how dare you?

7 Likes

Sometimes you know something and you have to know the crap out of it to everyone else

4 Likes

PBT is just better, said Sweaty Palm.

5 Likes

NovelKeys has Buy 2 Get 1 of their dsa and dyesub pbt sets

3 Likes

Back to the main subject. This seemed the most likely answer but I do wish that it had been a buncha new double-shot molds (one because it would have shown Drop moving in that direction) and I just tend to like double-shot better than all-over dye sub (I love “regular” dye sub). But, in retrospect that was a pipe dream.

All-over Dye Sub PBT MT3 sounds ok too though, I’ll probably give this one a try, I like the BoW 2048 MT3

Here’s a sample shot from Biip’s discord. The white legends look pretty good here:

4 Likes

Summary

wuque stuido 深圳线下展会 展出 全透明套件/PCB 作者:Ayb爱莹宝 - YouTube

9 Likes

Seems like some GMK 1.5u CTRL and ALT keys are crooked
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/156he48/attention_new_issue_with_gmk_keycaps_know_before/

7 Likes