Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Everybody needs some DCS Honeywell in their life if you ask me! :upside_down_face: Seriously though this will be a banging set, plus while SP wants whoever buys them to keep producing keycaps & working with the community there is no guarantee they will. So I’m grabbing up as much Signature Plastics keysets as I can before the sale just to be safe! :rofl:

3 Likes

My set of DCS Midnight just came through the door very recently and I was contemplating on buying this set… it’s so beautiful.

2 Likes

Knight stabilizers restocked at Swagkeys

2 Likes

What does “injection-treated” even mean?

Are they trying to church up injection molded?

EDIT: just realized they’re out of Korea, perhaps a translation miss.

1 Like

Vala has a bunch of JTK sets (including HSA WoB and BoB) in stock now and has HSA Hyperfuse at 30% off (Hyperfuse is the only HSA on sale though).

1 Like

This is sort of a things that make us go hmmm… I was interested in the knight stabilizer because I just can’t get my space bar to stop ticking. I’ve lubed and tuned it. It’s perfect on the left side but has a very slight wobble on the right and I always hit it with my right thumb. I’ve dismantled the board three times to remount the durock v2. So…knight stabilizer to the rescue. $15.00 looks good and then shipping, $18.00. Ouch.

2 Likes

NOOO, why did you have to show (me) this.

2 Likes

I should have hid it with a spoiler tag :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah I bought some other items with them to justify the shipping. There are other vendors who carry them. They’re just all sold out. Probably restocking soon though.

2 Likes

Amazing. Reversible sides.

4 Likes

Keyboard layouts were so wacky and interesting before they were mostly standardized. Wandered by this at the Vintage Computer Festival this weekend.

13 Likes

Serbian!

6 Likes

Love it! A cursed cursor layout with the smallest of space bars.

6 Likes

I am wondering if it is one of the numerous Sinclair ZX80 clones that have been made in the 80s, as written in Marcin’s book Shift Happens …

2 Likes

So I got a chance to try out these Pure sliders in some switches & they definitely do make them feel smoother. Geon may be onto something with the POM + PTFE mixture. From my quick tests these definitely do better with switches that are a little scratchy in the first place, like Cherry switches for example. When I tried them in HMX housings there was a tiny bit of improvement, however they are already very smooth switches & I feel it would be a waste of these sliders to use them for just marginal improvement.

The other thing I noticed is they have a higher pitched sound than just plain POM sliders. They’re supposedly 80% POM & 20% PTFE so I wasn’t expecting the sound to be changed as much as it is, but there is definitely a noticeable difference in pitch in all the housings I’ve tried so far. I think this could be mitigated somewhat by lube though. Still got more experimenting to do, but I am leaning towards putting these in either new nixie or MX black housings & lube + filming them. Will report back when I get a chance to mess around with them some more!

5 Likes

No it’s a bizarre COSMAC advanced variant.

1 Like

I often wonder, with the ease of small-scale fabrication, if there isn’t a market among the retro enthusiasts for seeing these layouts replicated at a reasonable price. Just as one example, it’s easy enough to get C64 keycaps, but that layout has always been its own source of 'memberberries.

2 Likes

@Andreas ’s URSA project is up for pre-sale on FK:

10 Likes

MTNU 800 in limited stock at the moment

3 Likes

Wow!

Attention Topre enjoyers.

5 Likes