Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Now that’s cool! It also looks a lot like my old Atari 800XL, too - probably because it has pre-mx-retooled SA caps of its own.

@Wooden-Toilet it’s not very common at all, but I think Akko sells a few with their own version of SA.

1 Like

Oh yea I guess Akko sort of counts, they have their ASA profile which I have tried and liked.

1 Like

It looks kind of like the AFSA/QXSA profile imo, ASA has a bar on the homing keys which at least the renders doesn’t have

Edit: I just remember that QXSA has bars too

Finally got this kit in the mail and found my favorite mug from Valve software, appropriately branded from Black Mesa Research Facility, contains lead along with a bunch of other mugs and stuff.

Now the scarier part is gonna be everything from my desk and other areas where I work on keyboards.

7 Likes

The cold cast resin DES caps!!

2 Likes

Wow, that sounds bad. Is it the whole mug or the logo part or the glaze?

I found spots of fluorescence (detection) all over. It wasn’t as bad as other stuff I tested but it was bad enough for me to throw out my favorite mug.

Well that’s unexpected and kinda cool - the now long-absent Tiger Lite is getting another round through Drop.

4 Likes

For $99 this is actually not too shabby. Might grab one to use as a beater board!

2 Likes

Based on the fulfillment date, it seems these are made to order. Pretty interesting when it was discontinued.

2 Likes

I guess Geon finally ran out of his stock as well. I just checked his site to see if he had Tiger Lites and saw he has a new board up for GB.

Another stunner from Geon.

6 Likes

Protagonist isn’t a board designed by Geon (Im assuming thats what you meant), he’s just the Korea proxy for the group buy. The board is designed by OnTheBrink.

5 Likes

TIL today :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is a very beautiful board tho :slight_smile:

That looks really nice. I like the leaf spring arms with the varying hardness grommets for the harder material plates. That seems like it should work well. The frame design looks beautiful.

I’m in for an Altair-X at the end of the month or I’d be considering this. I don’t know anything about this maker though (not Geon).

3 Likes

Amazing price on an EXT65 V2. An oldie, but a goodie.

1 Like

I’d pick up another without hesitation. It’s a great plastic board. But preorder? Nah. Gotta be that sweet in stock option for me :joy_cat:

1 Like

I think Honeywell looks particularly good with the Gorton font.

7 Likes

Trying to convince myself that I don’t need another keyset … But I really like typing on DCS.
I have DCS vert on one of my boards and I dig it.

3 Likes

What if I told you, you DON’T need another keyset. Butttt maybe you want some DCS Honeywell in your life :slight_smile:

4 Likes