Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I don’t think I can, but it seems really great.

Same.

For what it is, the pricing is great!

3 Likes

This is really cute.

4 Likes

Dang that’s cute. My wallet is scared.

1 Like

Confirmation on Divinikey Discord: there will be a r2 of KKB Retro Mixed Lights.

4 Likes

hooray!

Saw two new partially-transparent keysets, with very different takes on the idea.

First up is a mixed PBT and PC keyset sold by Keebmonkey called “PBT.FUN-0002” or maybe “CHEMICAL-001.” Naming is a little confusing on this one. This set appears to use mostly opaque PBT caps with transparent PC used for other keys:

Next is a doubleshot, partially translucent ABS set with ghost legends named PBTfans X-Ray and sold by Omnitype. It’s not available for sale yet, but looks really interesting:

It’s not easy to see in the photos/renders, but the legends are doubleshot in WS1 white, so they’ll have a 3-D effect inside the keycaps. Note the bottom part of the “J” here:

6 Likes

Re: PBTFans X-Ray ^^ By the same designer of GMK Modern Materials, which is coming soon!

4 Likes

$250 target still in place. Now with USB hub, brass internal db cover, and full spectrum indicator lights. Late q2/early q3 gb estimate. IC form with color, plate, and add-on choices.

6 Likes

I filled out the form with a lot of details on the colors I wanted. :joy:

I wish more people would do the ecoating like Matrixlab linen. Everyone seems to offer a beige, but it’s always very yellow, almost sand color. I want the beige of 1990 office equipment

5 Likes

Oh my, that’s a really nice idea and clean design. I gave it my interest check.

1 Like

Cannonkeys has the Zoom keyboards in stock now, here’s the link for the 98: Zoom98 Keyboard – CannonKeys

they seem like a great choice for wireless and in-stock!

2 Likes

So I got this keycap/switch puller off Amazon last week. I grabbed it since it was very similar, yet significantly cheaper than the new Gateron one. It is easily the best keycap puller I’ve used, a god send for boards with really tight tolerances between the keycaps & case edges! Being honest the switch puller part is hot garbage, but I was expecting that & did not buy this for the switch puller side. Makes me want to drop the $30 or $35 on the Gateron one if the switch puller side is somewhat decent on it though.

Anyways, as a straight keycap puller this thing is mint! You still need to be careful while pulling longer keys & use another puller to get on both sides of 2.75u & above keys. Although I feel like this is much more protective of the keyboard & keycaps than a regular wire puller while being much stronger than your average plastic ring puller. Add in the fact it easily slips on caps even on boards with the tightest tolerances & it’s a winner for $9 IMHO!

7 Likes

I’ve been struggling with the wire pullers a while now. Feel like they all more or less dent my keycaps a little and on some softer sets it’s really obvious.
I gotta give this a shot

2 Likes

I bought the gateron version 2 switch puller some time ago. Not worth the price. It’s hit or miss pulling switches, doesn’t get into tight tolerances,and I have less control than the simple glorious switch puller, which was much cheaper and more effective.

2 Likes

speaking of pullers, has anyone tried the omnitype switch pusher?

1 Like

btw happy easter to anyone who celebrates, here’s the most easter you can get in mechanical keyboards, the emugotchi from japan, with the optional bunny ears:

5 Likes

8BitDo has updated their keyboard with SA keycaps and C64 colors and a rainbow logo as a tribute to the C64. Available now on Amazon.

7 Likes

Oh wow, is this a first or one of the firsts? SA keycaps on a proper prebuilt.

1 Like