Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

One day I’ll drop $$$ on one of those sets and see what’s all the fuss about.

Great discounts, high shipping for me sadly.

1 Like

The quality and price gap is filling up quickly, so maybe GMK/SP won’t be “worth” the premium in the future.

But, some designers prefer GMK/SP ABS because the color reproduction is better and (for SP) they have some wicked good dye-subbing….so, maybe hold out for a set you love and only comes in GMK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in providing feedback, KBDfans has an IC form up about the next round of KBD67L cases:

By “SA” you mean Signature Plastics ? Because there are quite a few other manufacturers who produce SA profile keycaps like Maxkey and Domikey (which both are quite good too for this profile)

1 Like

Ah yes, thank you :pray:t3:. Changed it to SP :slight_smile:

If anyone is interested the ePBT 9009 set for the KBD67 Lite is available on KBDFans’s AliExpress store.

Slower but significantly cheaper shipping for international shoppers.

1 Like

Font is a little shmeh in some places but overall looks pretty good; Tecsee has some doubleshot PBT caps available.

4 Likes

Found a new keycap profile called SAL from Akko that I haven’t seen before, seems to be doubleshot abs

The product description mention stretch marks as reason for the cheaper price
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005004124480738.html

The same store also have akko ASA PC set

4 Likes

That’s INTERESTING. Very cool IMO. I’m gonna need to give those ASAlows a go too.

This chart is quite dubious!

Are the bottom three rows of OEM actually lower than Cherry? Doubtful.

2 Likes

It’s a knob… but with sealed cartridge bearings.

1 Like

Speaking of knobs… There is quite a lot of potential in this project in a version or 2. I really like the programmable detents and snap back to feature.

Very tempted to make one once they source another motor and firmware

10 Likes

That’s absolutely awesome. I have no idea what I would use it for, and god knows if I found something it would totally under utilize the potential, but making one of them would be fun.

4 Likes

https://alkaline-sting-1d3.notion.site/QK65-Restock-Sale-Info-3410a664b55a4970873a7d9d3f440817

TL;DR: QK65 “restock” in ~May as unlimited GB with a 1-2 month turn around, more color combinations

4 Likes

ooooo im glad i waited on the qk65 now

1 Like

friends-i-knew-it

2 Likes

Just learned about these ONI switches from divinkey, seem interesting.

1 Like

MX DOOM

They have them in stock on KBDFans. I’ve not been impressed by tecsee switches that I’ve tried because of wobble, but these are new molds, and the HPE material is said to have a nice sound.

I’d like to try them out but I’ll wait until some version is stocked in the US. Doesn’t make sense to have switches shipped from so far away. Also, I still haven’t purchased from KBDFans since Feb of last year :raised_hands: (you know, the whole paying $100 to return a defective keyboard thing)

2 Likes

Interesting! Although I agree with some of the GH comments. Clearly MF DOOM inspired (aware of Doctor Doom), but the legendary MC’s inspo not being mentioned anywhere is kinda odd… To use “Villainy” and MF Doom’s particular Doom mask then to say this:

Well in part, it can be seen to some as an homage to your rapper’s favorite rapper… but it’s really more homage to comic villains like Doctor Doom.

is kinda messed up imo lol

1 Like