Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Nice.

Gateron V2 Stabilizers (non-ink version) come in a variety of colors, though the Silver Stem and Black Housing version is unique in that it is designed for switches with shortened travel distance — long pole switches or silent switches.

https://thockeys.com/shop-all/gateron-v2-normal-and-reduced-travel/

2 Likes

snagged the black chroma with relative ease! was able to choose and check out within the first minute. on my phone! amazing.

3 Likes

Satisfaction 75 A- extras are still up on ilumkb Live Drop – iLumkb

3 Likes

Pretty cool that MW Voynich has sample images while the GB is live

Also, Voynich (the script) has an odd but fascinating history.

2 Likes

Drop is launching MT2 profile this month :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Wait, what?

Dude. It’s no longer April 1. You pranking us?

2 Likes

:smiling_imp:

…haha, naw, not a prank. It was in an update email that went out today. Btw, Hoffman (of GH and Reddit moderation fame) is now community lead at Drop.

2 Likes

I didn’t get the email. I did see Hoffman going to bat for Drop.

What’s the story on MT2? New profile altogether?

That’s all it said:

But I’m curious too, what do you think it is.

Most likely shorter. Likely Cherry/DSS height. Maybe spherical, but less scooped?

3 Likes

At first I thought lower but sculpted. But it could also be R3 uniform MT3 I guess.

1 Like

Oh, truee. That would be interesting too.

I’m getting my torch and pitchfork ready just in case.

2 Likes

NCR80 Kit - AliExpress

I think someone here was looking after the NCR80 in beige? it’s on stock on YMDK’s store, the vendor is trustworthy as far as I know.
Looks so good, if not for the price this would have been a purchase.

4 Likes

Directly from their store is cheaper, but for some reason the shipping is more, so it’s a toss up. :man_shrugging:

Just remember the gray photos are not accurate, as discussed here:

4 Likes

Looks like the TTC Heart switch has a new sibling:

Photos like the above and some other information here:

Inf.news | TTC Tiger

3 Likes

:tiger2:

3 Likes

Speaking of TTC… look what the Tennessee* (Arizona) keeb warehouse has in stock:

Think Gold Pink, but with the bottom dampener from a Bluish White and a stem-mounted top dampener. Also the stem is clear, because everyone has some of that going on these days. :goat:

Note the sliding price scale; if you’re buying a full-size keeb’s worth of these they’re 60 cents rather than a full buck each. You can also get them from AliExpress, etc.

I also saw that TTC has an “NCR” switch; seems aesthetically suitable for the NCR-80 kit mentioned above.

2 Likes

I actually have like 5 of those. They came with a box of TTC Chaotic Pandas that I’ve been too busy to pick up from customs…for a good 4-5 months (totally, did not realize I ordered these on November 2021. 3 months was me being conservative in my estimate).

Small caveat, the TTC NCR has a V1 and V2. The V1 was known for some leaf issues that made the linear more of a tactile…the worst ones made noise, and kind of turned into weird clickies. Could’ve been a bad batch, but I know I’m not the only one who had these issues.

I presume the V2 has fixed those cause I haven’t read of any particular complaints with them. Take that statement with a big helping of salt, since I’ve never tried the V2s.

1 Like

GMK sets under $100 on Drop right now:

3 Likes