Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

These tick some interesting boxes for me.

2 Likes

Ooo, neat - LY housing with POM stem, and a pole just long enough to bottom-out on. I would like to try that >.>

1 Like

The T9 Keyboard by Deadline Studio, a TKL XT board weighing in at a hefty 4.8 kg(!) is available for groupbuy at $550 until May 31. There are five colors and a few different case layout options.

Also available at KFA.

Edit: just realized that @Deadeye posted about the T9 a full week ago—I “liked” his post!—yet somehow the board looked brand new to me yesterday when I made my post about the T9. :rofl:

5 Likes

I think you can also order directly from Deadline studio if you don’t like KFA and their very uncommunicative fulfillment process. Sometimes you don’t even get a shipping notification and the package just shows up, lol.

2 Likes

Good point! I linked to AshKeebs near the top of my post (I’ve found their shipping to the US to be reasonable), but you’re right that ordering directly from Deadline Studio may be less frustrating.

1 Like

I still really want one! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Second Key Machine set for sale today.
This one is more up my alley.

5 Likes

Love the theme! Colors, too.

2 Likes

I’m interested in this, not because it does anything new or exceptional, but because it has the exact short list of features I’m looking for in a nice daily driver. That it looks generic is actually a plus for this scenario; a non-descript 65% is exactly what I want as a base.

For me, an ideal daily keeb is convenient to open alongside all the normal functions I want - the only thing I’d change about my trusty, simple Portico68 (or Neo65, for that matter) is swapping the dainty daughter board cable for pogo pins. A ball-catch system to eliminate screws would be a great bonus assuming it has a long-lasting tight fit. At least as far as a list of features go, I’ve been visualizing this exact keyboard as an ideal for months now.

If the price is right, I could see this keyboard claiming my “if I could only have one” slot. Practically irrelevant to my own keyboard collecting life as it is, for whatever reason, this is the category I place the most value on. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I love my Corsa for that ball catch opening method. But then the way the assembly is pin mounted on rubber studs is fucking annoying… and the LED daughter board always gets pulled around in the process. Still better than having to unscrew it every time I need to swap switches I suppose.

2 Likes

KEYGEM have 15% on all in-stock items with code “MAY2024” until Monday 23:59

1 Like

Novelkeys flash sale on XOX70 today:

About $335 after tax in the US, free shipping. I’m considering, but a price closer to $225 would be more attractive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It is a super nice board, if that helps move the needle for you. I do think I got mine a little bit cheaper during the last sale they were in though. So I get what you are saying.

3 Likes

MTNU Graphite colorway going up for sale on NovelKeys on Wednesday. Has anyone seen this set? I’ve found nothing other than the mention in the NK Discord.

2 Likes

Mike shows this set on the most recent Twitch stream. It’s a dark gray blank MTNU set with colorful accents.

He said if they sell well they might do more blanks in the future. Also may do CYL blanks.

4 Likes

Ah, I missed the stream. Thanks!

I’m kind of ehh on blank keycaps so will likely sit this one out. Even though I can touch type, blank caps usually register as “incomplete” in my brain, like a cartoon villain had robbed a museum and all that’s left is the blank display cases. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Extras in stock. I’m waiting for real photos before I buy either one though. The concrete version looks better in the renders to me simply because the stone is such low contrast. Have to see what story the “actual photos” tell.

1 Like

MTNU blanks

4 Likes

That would look lovely on my Obj-01. I still don’t own any MTNU sets. I never realized how similar it looks to DSS

1 Like

Seeing MTNU in blank form reminds me of 3d printed keycaps people tend to design (blank, more ergo-sculpted profile, and black color).