Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

A Hatchet-esque board called the Magi60 by MelGeek. It’s a bit pricey and marketing material seems sparse.

6 Likes

HHKB with a wrist rest built in, MX style.

It seems to only come in that color combo, what a wacky board lol.

2 Likes

MelGeek seems to love wacky. Some of their designs I love, some I scratch my head, but all of them are at least pretty interesting.

3 Likes

Agree. But I noticed this isn’t their board. According to the product page it’s a company called “geekmade”

That’s honestly enough to make me not think about buying this one. Maybe they’re better known in the Chinese community, but I will wait and see how this product goes before I drop money on it.

I’m sure if it’s well made and popular, more will be available in the future.

2 Likes

They appear to be the same company, here’s the trademark filings from their parent corp: Shenzhen Lingdianlingyi Technology Co., Ltd. Trademarks & Logos

2 Likes

Weird. Maybe they’re going to rebrand. I always thought Melgeek was a strange name. Sounds like an Australian company. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This month’s HackerBox includes a Battle Axe-shaped macro pad with MX switches.

7 Likes

Aliexpress has various insanely suspicious deals on Keychron K8 (TKL) and a 75% low profile Keychron keyboard.
Got one for $10, worse case scenario I’ll lose this money, I’ll update if it ever arrives.

Edit: Someone liked this so I’ll take the chance to update, yeah it didn’t arrive, apparently there’s a recent trend of fake stores.

3 Likes

Tempted to buy this just for the “Heavy Metal” solder sticker! I need one of those in my life LOL!

1 Like

If it’s legit, I’ll be happy to see what you think of the “Keychron”. My dad is in big need of a good keyboard.

Don’t want to make a new topic, but I made a website this weekend as a way to document some keyboard stuff and hopefully sell some stickers. I know a few people here were interested in the Topreme stickers I made.

Use code “keebtalk” for a little discount.

8 Likes

GMK Pono in stock at omnitype

6 Likes

NUyttbn

3 Likes

So is SA Dualshot, but sadly, no accents.

I’ve got the GMK set coming… in theory… and I would love to buy these and sell the GMK set for cost. Only problem is, then I’ll need to find the accents which I’m sure are fetching the beaucoup dollar bucks in the classifieds.

3 Likes

Weeelll if you find the SA kits you’re looking for, I’d be happy to take the GMK ones off your hands when applicable. :3

1 Like

@UnattributedCC I saw this keeb and it reminded me of some of the ones you posted - is this one of them?

It’s got that 65%-with-full-right-shift thing going on.

I hadn’t seen one with that brand on it… But, I’m about 80 percent certain that it’s the same as the Drevo Calibur V2, or the Royal Kludge RK71.

It’s interesting, the way I’ve figured out how to tell which ones are the same keyboard, just re-branded and which are different is by the secondary function layout. This one strikes me as being the Drevo / RK because the wireless connections are being stored on the QWERT keys, and the RGB controls are laid out in the same way.

But, I won’t be 100 percent certain until I check the firmware. And, since I’m not 100 percent certain, I’ve ordered it. :wink:

1 Like

Probably an RK71 clone.

1 Like

New tactile switch (not in-stock). From what I can tell from a quick search—these are produced by JWK, but the molds are new and exclusive to Designer Studio. There’s also a linear version (upcoming?).

Flavor text:

Made by JWK, these switches are very similar to Everglide Dark Jades but with a slightly lower pitched sound and a shorter travel distance.

The switches come with an excellent coat of factory lube and a very tight housing. Additional lube and film are not required, but recommended.

3 Likes