Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Same! Waking up this AM just cost me about a grand.

2 Likes

Hooray! I’m going for it.

I don’t know how to feel about layered escape or backspace.

2 Likes

Well, only displaying the bare minimum of 10 pieces of macro column flair isn’t really expressing yourself.

1 Like

Backspace can go on pipe HHKB style. Esc can go in the macro column if you don’t want it on a layer but I have to say, esc on the right side of a Keyboard is very unintuitive.

1 Like

Yup. Don’t know about other professions but, for developers like me, Tsangan is the optimal layout. FC660C layout drove me nuts w/its backtick/ESC crap.

1 Like

Looks like DSA Witch Girl (yes, real DSA from SP) will be in stock at Mintlodica’s site tomorrow.

EDIT-- Sale is Thursday, Aug 18th –

I might purchase it because even though I’m not a witch girl myself, I do love the colors and I’ve never owned a set from SP that used lower case alphas :mage:

Also, I can imagine these modifiers would look great with many stock DSA colors from SP if they alphas don’t do it for you.

Also, she’s soon to have a color coordinated Discipline65 in collaboration with Switch Couture that uses matching artwork :slight_smile:

9 Likes

They are nice, but are a bit pricey, but are cerakote and made locally, but …

2 Likes

I’m surprised to see a 40ish layout from Keychron. Despite the fact that I know I’ll miss the number row, this is tempting; I only wish it had an option for split spacebars.

I haven’t felt the urge to hit buy immediately in a while, but good god that’s a nice board. But that price…

2 Likes

So true. I wish all future layouts would have spacebar split options.

Dude, seriously. Those color options are just the best. One even has a bit of “sparkle”. It’s just that the Link 65 looks absolutely nuts and the level of regret I know I’ll feel for not snagging one just scares the bejesus out of me.

2 Likes

I would have already bought one if it supported Tsangan bottom row. I guess they were more focused on supporting split space in this case.

OH snap! I just checked the discord and it is supported. They just didn’t include that on the website. Hmmm… now which color??

1 Like

+1 Black Cherry. Ooh la la.

I wish I had a swatch to know what the finish texture of black cherry was. I have storm trooper white swatch and I like that it’s glossy.

That black cherry with ePBT 6085 on it? Holy smokes :fire::cherries:

1 Like

On man, now you’re talking! :star_struck:

I just received a very nice 65% keyboard (Vega) after 18 months of waiting, so it’s easier for me to resist the Link 65. The Day Off 60’s layout doesn’t match anything I own and the design is :star_struck:

I have to keep reminding myself “I don’t need another keyboard right now.

1 Like

Maybe I should skip the Jubi and get this… Hmmm :thinking:

NK_ Dreams are in stock.

Pretty pricy, but also pretty neat you can buy factory worn-in switches now.

4 Likes

Still less than Zeal switches. Though that is low (high?) bar, lol.

1 Like

A reminder about this EPBT set for 6.25u 65% with a blocker.

• Amazing quality for a clone price range.
  • Tolerances are on point (as in spaces and shape of the keycaps).
  • Font is thick, uniform and as crisp as dye sub can be.
  • Warping is very minimal to negligible on my set.
  • Texture is smooth but a bit grainy, very nice to the touch imo, different from the Chinese sets.
  • Sculpture is defined but edges are still soft.
  • Compatible with ISO.

Photos in the sale page don’t do justice to it, the colors are a bit more saturated than the photos suggest, the set resembles vintage beige rather than the whiter shade the photos show, and the font in the photo is not the same as the font in real life, probably an old stock photo.

The set on my NK65EE:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256802845137739.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.66de762aU0LFfw&algo_pvid=56070699-c096-4463-a471-b8364bb5f1a1&algo_exp_id=56070699-c096-4463-a471-b8364bb5f1a1-1&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000023371421749"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!ILS!132.81!132.81!!!17.97!!%402100bdd516607582077287481e0fa2!12000023371421749!sea&curPageLogUid=VGQi0xRDOVqs&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

3 Likes