Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

He gave kind of a update the other week. He have shipped around 300 orders since mid December.

One of our local Machinist/Keyboard enthusiasts has come up with a very affordable, all-aluminum 10-key macropad with an encoder. You even have the option to get it unfinished as I did. So I will be making a trip to the Cerakoter very soon. Being a local, I had to opt for the PDXKBC logo knob.

It builds up like this:

Which, coincidentally, is the only color it’s available in. It should also be noted that these are IN STOCK, not a group buy or pre-order. I placed my order and got it the next week.

Here’s his shop: https://www.rmkeebs.com/

16 Likes

Gotta love a good old Hall of Shame.

1 Like

Brand new cap manu. :thinking: https://www.mechgroupbuys.com/keycaps/NCC%20Baja

4 Likes

I wonder what the quality of the caps are. 65 bucks is a quite good price if the quality is acceptable.

Yeah, i saw that one, the price is pretty good and i like the color scheme, and its supposed to ship q3 which is a lot better than other manus nowadays

Yeah it peaked my interest cause the color scheme was quite unique!

Looks a bit like gmk nuclear data, a set i’ve been trying to get for a while.

Im thinking of getting that set, but I do like how they have a bundle for their GB stuff

Even though it came out in 2004, somehow nothing seems more late-90’s than Mountain Dew Baja Blast in a Jazz cup.

bb

jaze

thebell

I think they nailed it.

5 Likes

I now desperately want a Jazz cup-themed keycap set.

3 Likes

PrimeCaps did these artisans around 4 years back.

The “Jazzcap”

7 Likes

I’m am filled with so much 1990’s era dread at the sight of those. God, the teal, was everywhere. All the abstract shapes and splashy flourishes.

The horror.

2 Likes

Well, that certainly is what it says on the tin! I think the concept in my head was a little less on the nose but I have no business designing a keycap set. At the rate we’re going it’d be years before it was a reality anyway :sweat_smile:

If people want 90’s, this is another one to keep and eye on. [IC] DCS Windbreaker - GB Launches May 20th

2 Likes

One can hold out hope that what started as a joke eventually becomes real.

i literally just went to taco bell and i open keebtalk to baja blast lol

8 Likes

It’s weird alright. Who really wants Del and End right next to each other? And where’s the home key.

Yeah, I like the language of the design - retro military-esque style. I agree, it’s all over the place.

New round of CA66 announced on Play Keyboards discord!

Two new colors. No word on PCB or mounting improvements (doubtful).

10 Likes

I had not heard of this board before, but apparently it has some following. It’s a neat board although I’m challenged by the bottom row and I can’t say I really dig the side USB plug.

I’m mostly waiting for them the launch the Command65.

1 Like