5 Likes

:3

[ cautious optimism ]

7 Likes

that’s good news!

1 Like

MT3 BOGO sale… >.>

6 Likes

That’s really interesting because base on that chart it looks like they got rid of the normal excessive pre-travel thats in cherry browns if I’m looking at that right.

Looks like around 0.35mm of pretravel, right? I think the old was close to 0.65 or 0.7mm from looking at older charts. It’s not vastly different, but yes, it is higher up.

The peak tactile force seems really different though. The old box brown had the stiffest point around 60g, this one is listed at 75g. That’s a strong bump.

But look at this. Buy One MT3 set and get one free. Sell other the MT3 for a few dollars less to get bites and Sell. Then, boom, MT3 set at like 15 bucks!

4 Likes

Now you’re thinking like r/mechmarket

3 Likes

Can’t really know this days to be honest, I’ve already seen force charts that feel different than what they look like.

1 Like

I just looked at some reviews of the full-size Stream keyboard.

Seems like typing noise is only 10-15 DB, which is pretty good. Probably about half or less than that of a typical mechanical.

It looks a little drab, though. It could benefit from a ‘Carbon’ type keyset, or at least give us the orange accents of the Logitech K740.

How is the feel of those scissor-switches, if I may ask?

2 Likes

I’m kinda curious about Cherry SX I think they call their scissor switch too. I still have a Logitech DiNovo Edge I got years ago (way before I was in the hobby) cause the scissor switches Logi used on them are so damn nice. They’re only low travel switch I’ve ever really liked TBH. If Cherry’s SX is even close to those in feel it would be a very nice KB for when you need silence. Big bonus for you is the the Logi scissor switches have a super nice & snappy light/mid tactility to them. Unless Cherry uses trash domes SX should have that feel too! @dante Would be greatly appreciated if you could give us an overview of the Stream’s scissor switches when you have a chance. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I had a fullsize Cherry stream keyboard back in 2015/2016 or there abouts which was great however it was borrowed by a family member who is now out of state. While I had it I enjoyed it a lot. I never purchased another one right away because I went back to buckling springs.

From what I remember the key travel was quite good - not too long or short. The build quality is great. Other than the Enermax Aurora and Siig scissor boards this may be the only other board with a metal plate in it. Key stiffness is on the heavier side but nothing unreasonable.

In the last year I tried a barebones Matias Chiclet TKL with no RGB/wireless/no nothing. And it was a serious MEH. It didn’t feel good to type on at all and I immediately had issues with - the chiclet equivalent of chattering. The TKL form factor for me wasn’t enough to save it. I only bring up the Matias because currently it would be the Stream TKL’s closest competitor.

If I’m being honest I wasn’t really planning on buying another scissor switch keyboard but with the arrival of the Stream TKL I may have to give it a go. Unfortunately I have been unable to find out when it will arrive in North America. So far you can buy the ANSI version from Italy/Germany on Ebay but Cherry Americas has been unwilling to provide further details.

My only concern would be is a few years back I purchased my Stream at around the $50-$60 price point and now you can get them around $30. I hope they are not skimping on quality to get the price down. The TKL price hasn’t been announced yet.

1 Like

Finally set up international shipping:

Use code “keebtalk” for a little discount.

6 Likes

Oh wow, another set from 2013 pops up. Novelties too!

It is fun to see these old sets. If you look at Geekhack many of these sets had MOQs <50.

Not really a fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, sadly…

6 Likes
4 Likes

It’s weird but might tickle someone’s fancy. I could see re-coating it in 50’s teal blue or textured matte black like some old typewriters had.

5 Likes

I feel like I understand the design aesthetic here, but man… it’s all over the place in execution. That bottom is hideous, without a doubt.

3 Likes

I found this today, pretty funny.

6 Likes

HMKB gradually crawled out. I’m not sure if people are still waiting on shipping, but I got mine a couple months ago.

Also it’s lacking Lumina which was a category 5 disaster

1 Like

There’s also the Kumamech/Polartype saga to add now too. I wonder how up-to-date that is?