Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

It isn’t free, but I quite enjoyed playing this game: Touch Type Tale – Strategic Typing.

9 Likes

Missed that this even existed in the first place - but hey, it’s on sale.

3 Likes

Almost posted this to r/amiugly

I am sure a lot of folks like it, but it’s not for me.

3 Likes

$125 for randomly chosen PC TKL with random switches, stabs, and keycaps. I couldn’t resist the deal!

I’ll sell here if it’s something I really don’t want. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

They sold out within an hour of the email blast going out. Saved me some money as I had one sitting in my cart!

I think the design is interesting, even if it’s not my particular style. Honestly, I’d rather keyboard designers swing for the fences than play it safe. There are so many boards that are nearly indistinguishable from each other lately that I find it refreshing when there are a few odd ducks going to group buy.

2 Likes

CannonKeys is doing a spring sale with a few interesting options including mystery keycap sets for $29 (dyesub NicePBT or CannonCaps only with a few exclusions).

I’ve eyed this one for a few days but I just can’t pull the trigger. It’s really close to being cool, but just too over the top for me. I love the look with 2 knobs… but what the heck are you going to use them for? I only have 1 board with a knob, the LW-67. Volume control is nice, but I don’t see a use for more than 1.

Kinda funky - but I kinda like it!

6 Likes

This is a good application of the “keyboard within a keyboard” frame. It just somehow works. :+1:

1 Like

It’s got visual appeal, I think the green is really nice, and the lighting is very classy. I’m going to dutifully ignore that one out of deep concern for my finances.

1 Like

CannonKeys big Spring Sale is on.

BOGO PBT keycaps with a pretty wide selection, $30 mystery PBT caps, 25% off Brutalist v1 keyboards, including the Malicious Ergo I’ve posted here, and $99 base kits of a small number of GMK sets with purchase of a Brutalist v1 or v2 board.

They also had a crazy bundle deal of a CNC polycarbonate Brutalist TKL or 75% and random keycaps, switches, and stabs for it for $125! The only downsides: when I looked, the 75% was already sold out (TKL looks better anyway), so it may be done by now, and you would get a random clear or white frosted one. I don’t like the clear, so it was a no-go for me, but check it out. Could be that TKL is still available.

1 Like

Tuning frequencies perhaps?

Big ol’ Spring sale at NovelKeys:

Highlights include modest discounts on a bunch of GMK and house sets, clearance discount on their Charcoal set ($50), and reduced prices on a bunch of switches. Nothing door-buster crazy, but not bad, either!

5 Likes

Various layouts are available. (The $8 shown on the embed is for the matching daughterboard :laughing:, but prices are reasonable.)

2 Likes

I wish he would run a Hotswap TKL PCB… :rage:

I guess 1.2mm hotswap doesnt make a ton of sense, since the brackets would probably remove some of the flex

Use code “SURPRISE” at checkout to receive a random % discount off your entire order. This offer is valid for the next 24 hours, so seize the opportunity and let the magic unfold!

How random are we talking here? :rofl:

6 Likes

I knew Joe was making some new beam springs, but I hadn’t heard about 104 and SSK type model F boards. Very cool.

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product/classic-style-fssk-model-f-keyboard/

4 Likes

I’m sure some edgelord on their server found that amusing. I’m only joined to see the postings about new releases as their “community” leaves much to be desired.

[much later] I just realized what day today is. This is definitely my “bah humbug” day.

3 Likes