Introducing an Aggressively Tactile Switch - The 'Drop Bear'

Very interesting switch!

2 Likes

Welp now I’m curious… the more out-there a switch’s characteristic(s), the more I want to mess with them.

Mine didn’t feel Noticeably different. Guess I got a bad batch.

The housing you used also matters. I found that using the phoenix stem in a cherry housing gave it weaker tactility than using it in an outemu sky housing

Edit: I should add that I used a cherry linear housing, the contact leaf is probably different than that of cherry tactiles

Gotta add this to the frankenswitch google sheet.

2 Likes

Gotta add this to the frankenswitch google sheet.

Is this a public google sheet? I love me some frankenswitches.

I didn’t have time to look for it when I posted earlier. I found it here:

1 Like

Would you mind if I linked this thread on r/switchmodders as well as copy-pasting the TL;DR?

1 Like

Yeah dude, no problem, drop me a link when you’re done!

Here you go.

1 Like

Thanks! I honestly didn’t know about r/switchmodders
Thanks for introducing me to it.

you’d jailhouse mod a aristotle stem and put it into any tactile housing - that is the most aggressive switch :wink:

1 Like

Honestly thinking about it, with those crazy hooks the OG Aristotle stems have on their legs. Them jailhoused plus a Panda housing (or any other housing known to have stiff leaves) probably would be the ultimate MX tactile bump!

1 Like

this was all tried 3 years ago, but i cant remember - some housings have issues with the pointy legs - but yeah you cant beat that… mainly cause of those huge legs :smiley:

haven’t tested in years, maybe i stuck one in a bunch of new housings from the last 6 month, i have some jspacers left too…

Ive made quite a few Zealiostotles and Aliazstotles, and while they’re pretty tactile, they cant really compete with some of the stuff thats dropped in the past few year imo. Box Royals and V2 Zealios beat them out while being are far more reliable and consistent. I havent tried pandas or skies yet (I do have some on the way), but I would assume those too would beat out aristotle modded switches. Stotles were a cool and fun switch awhile back, but I think they’ve been outdone by straight from the factory switches these days.

but did you jailmod them?

Ah I didnt, I failed to see that part of your comment. Now im going to have to go ahead and do that. Apologies!

Is it no longer possible to buy jspacers now that vankeyboards has closed down?

he’s closed down :confused:

JSpacers are set to return! We don’t have dates, but I’ve heard along the grapevine that they’ll be appearing on TKC.