Introducing the NovelKeys' Cream Switch

How is the wobble compared to Tealios/Gaterons and Cherry?

Also worth pointing out you may not get a ton of the RGB light shining through the switch because these top housings are opaque, compared to the clear top housings of other switches.

1 Like

$15k sounds very tempting. I wish I could trade in my box switches for these somehow. Hah.

1 Like

OMG, yes. A trade-in program! Dear MIke, I would like to trade in my 800-900 unused box switches for cream switches. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately the going rate is 100 BOX switches for one Cream.

seems legit. where do I sign up?

Unfortunately, I’m sitting on a pile of unused Box Burnt Orange and Box Royals that I was planning on reselling until this whole fiasco. I’d consider trading at that rate too, lol.

2 Likes

man i have been thinking about going linear and this switch might be the one that does it. its looking like its either this or box royals

I win a prize I think. I have 100 of each, unused:

Royal
Navy
Jade
Pale Blue
White
Red
Brown
Hako Clear
Hako Royal

I have board soldered with Box blacks and a board soldered with Hako True.

2 Likes

applauds as @pixelpusher accepts his award

The only Box switches that I have otherwise are a whites installed on a QFR (with sacrificial cubic profile keycaps) and 70 blacks that were going into my Tofu build (if I can dedicate some keycaps to those, I’ll consider putting them in something in the future).

Kailh needs a Box stem trade-in program. Lets get that petition started, lol.

4 Likes

sounds thocky

Can’t wait to pump my keyboard full of cream fill all the holes in my plate with cream push cream into the … get some of these switches

4 Likes

damn, if I were you, I’ll trade those switches for his awesome deskpads. haha

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing views on these after Olivia mentioned them to me. Hoping some of the more local linear peeps (Gods) get a hold of some soon. Cough @ChrisSwires

1 Like

Love you Mel, also love pom. And linears. Yay!

2 Likes

Here is a really terrible quality typing test.

3 Likes

@mgsickler Is there a reason you didn’t make cream a box switch? I assume that you’ve been working on this switch before the stem cracking issue popped up. Btw, when you make the tactile version of the switch, you should make it Noctua colors and call it Soft Serve, Froyo, or Twist in honor of the ice cream machines at all you can eat buffets.

Kind of wish you made a clickbar version of this as well, since my favorite thing about clickbar switches is that they are practically linear switches until you hit the actuation point. It probably wouldn’t be a profitable market since its low profile, but you could call a POM version of The Kailh Choc switches, Mint Choc. With a mint green housing and dark brown stem. Its almost too perfect to not make.

Can you confirm these are made out of Teflon or Moly infused POM?
Because regular POM IS NOT self lubricating!

Yes I can confirm that. However, I cant go any further with specifications due to an agreement I have with the manufacturer.

1 Like

perfect, thx :slight_smile: