It's the Weekend! Whatchu up to?

Getting out of work at 5 and it being 6 by the time I get to the park makes it almost not even worth it to skate during the week now…

Is it as good as people are saying it is? Or is it good because it’s better than the past 2 COD games?

Gonna build a Daisy40 with lubed Box Burnt oranges, pics soon :eyes:

Already made the layout:

2 Likes

brings me back to mw2

2 Likes

Studying, pumpkin picking with the family and Quake Champions. yay

and pics:

6 Likes

Love the look of the Daisy!

Weekend was busy between cub scout volunteering, lunch with the kid, dinner group, haircut, scraping marshmallow off the bottom of my shoes, hauling kid over to friends house for swimming/D&D party, and prepping for work tomorrow.

1 Like

A great find this weekend

3 Likes

Gsus came in so I’m updating my Clear-minded Bsun board with Holy Gsus which will allow me to compare in-use against my Holy Bsun board with rubber-mod. I think the combo plus mod is nearly indistinguishable from the real thing except in sound. But I can’t recommend the mod at this point because Halo+Bsun combo costs around same as MD HP and pretty tedious to put together.

USEFUL INFO: I can confirm that Gsus switch pins are indeed compatible with Bsun sockets. It should also be compatible with Outemu sockets.

Red stuff in removed Clear-minded Bsun switches are the mentioned rubber mods. The mod wasn’t as effective with MX Clear stem as it was with Halo stem which is why this board is getting the Gsus treatment first.

1 Like

I’m going to revive this to say:
World of Warcraft,
Making Videos,
Building Keyboards,
and maybe riding a bicycle.

Enjoy yourself everyone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First party as a married man,
Playing either Code Vein or Surge 2,
Opening my Wife’s Purple Pandas to test.
Contemplating budget for possible M0lly purchase.

3 Likes

I’m flying to Paris!

2 Likes

Do you contemplate it the same way I do by calculating how many dinners are instant noodles as opposed to real food?

2 Likes

Exactly

I’m stuck at home due to medical issues, but I may take apart my KBD67 rev. 1 (aka the Pingmaster) and see if i can find a way to isolate the plate from the bottom case with 2mm foam to see if that cuts down on the resonance.

3 Likes

I hope you feel better! And Yeah, foam will definitely help. What kind of foam are you using?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the medical issues, hope you’re feeling at least a bit better today! Did you get your foam from MK Ultra before he shut the site down (:sob:)? If so & it’s made for your case it should help a decent bit with pinging. I’ve used his case foams in two really loud builds of mine & they really helped a good bit! Much cheaper & more convenient than else I’ve tried in my boards for sound dampening so far.

If it’s not cut for your specific case & you just got some foam you plan on cutting yourself the one piece of advice I’d give you is to make sure it is slightly compressed between the PCB & bottom of the case. So if it’s fitting a little loose double the sheet up or use a layer of shelf liner to get the extra height needed for it to compress slightly. I can’t remember the science behind it, but for whatever reason foam, sorbothane, etc. work best for sound dampening when slightly compressed. Anyways let us know how it goes when you get around to it!

1 Like

MKUltra’s not dead! He’s just taking a break while he hires more staff and catches up on Boardwalk and customer foams. He’ll likely be back not this coming Monday but in another week or so.

1 Like

Oh nice to hear! I knew he had plans on getting back as soon as he could, but I thought it would take a little longer. Definitely glad to hear it’ll be sooner than later!

1 Like

Thank you for the well wishes. I have surgery on Oct. 16 which may solve the issue.

I didn’t know there was custom foam available for specific cases. Not sure why the site was shut down (bummer) but I didn’t grab any.

I’ve ordered sume 50 duro (medium squishy) sorbothane at 3.1mm thickness. I think there is a bit less than 3mm of clearence, so that should provide at least contact if not a bit of compression. If it doesn’t coimpletely fill the cavity, I’ll put in the piece of shelf liner I had cut for it before I put in 2mm foam.

1 Like