It's the Weekend! Whatchu up to?

Creating anit super super heroes (suiside squad-esk) for some role playing game with the wife!

1 Like

Continue to iterate on The Prototype! :slight_smile:

Play video games, work on perfecting my wrist rests, watch a play (live streamed) with the girlfriend.

Replacing the roof over my kitchen & master bedroom, woo-hoo…:grimacing:

2 Likes

I’ve been cooking for five hours and now we have feasted and went into a food coma. :ok_hand::grin::+1:

3 Likes

Cooking huge meals like that is no picnic either, although the payoff is definitely better than finishing a roof LOL! Glad to hear you had good sat though man! I really can’t complain about mine, sure roofing sucks, but I had a couple friends & my little brother had a couple friends come down to help with the hard stuff today (ripping off the old roof, replacing rotted plywood, getting it papered in, getting the drip edge installed, getting the undercourse on, & knocking out about half of the finish shingles). So not only did we have fun getting a little tipsy from beers & just joking around, we also got a huge dent put in the project. The roof is about 3/4 done now, we lost the sunlight so had to quit there, which make finishing up tomorrow extremely easy for me & my little bro. Can’t ask for a better turn out with such a shitty to do job! :smiley:

4 Likes

Mon-Tues tends to be my weekend - and this time around, aside from fiddling with switches and de-soldering some project boards, I’ll be chipping away at the Witcher 3 expansions :crossed_swords: so I can have the game more or less finished by the time Cyberpunk comes out. :mechanical_arm: :sunglasses: :guitar:

4 Likes

Just gonna necro this thread to post my weekend fun

5 Likes

Is this where you fell off the motorcycle? :smiley: Good looking area!

Hahaha, the other week’s spot was about 20-30 miles from that. fortunately no injuries this past week aside from some bruises!

We were really lucky since it rained a couple days before we arrived so everything was green and clear

3 Likes

Nice photo! I never mind necro bumps.

On Saturday we bought a Subaru for our second car.

5 Likes

I want to ride my motorcycle or my bicycle… but the air quality isn’t looking so hot

1 Like

Same thing I do every weekend Take over the world I mean working except this weekend I’m getting over food posioning

1 Like

Showing my kids the awesomeness of the Indiana Jones stunt show at Hollywood Studios!

I have not seen it in like 25 years, still a timeless masterpiece IMO, especially with the intro music to get pumped :musical_note:

(cc: @norbauer since you recently mentioned it on another post.)

Unrelated but cool Star wars diet coke!

hmmm $6 novelty soda :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This past one I remembered the existence of one of my favorite films growing up - and discovered that unlike most Disney productions, this one is really easy to find online:

I vaguely remembered most of the stuff in this movie, but forgot just how much it covers, and how eloquently it does so - especially considering this was made in 1959, and all those clever animations describing mathematical concepts were all drawn by hand, frame-by-frame. It talks about the connections between Pythagoras and jazz music, Fibonacci and classical architecture - even arithmetic and billiards.

To this day, I still think this is one of the best edutainment films ever made. So - whether you have kids or not, consider giving this a go the next time you have half an hour to spare.

3 Likes

We used to beg our Math teacher in high school to let us watch this one. I think we got her to show it at least twice in one year!

1 Like

Donald Duck is a way better mascot than Mickey Mouse. :microphone: :palm_down_hand:

Although I will say that the Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse and just “Mickey Mouse” on Disney+ are really fun and entertaining. Mickey has a lot more personality in them :+1:

1 Like

My work is closing in a week so ive been working weekends to get some OT money. This paycheck Im gonna end up getting almost 73 hours

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of overtime.

I’ve been working all weekend as well but in my case I’m just justifying my salary without any extra pay. We’re splitting our company in half and this weekend is the cutover where we’ve separated two datacenters from our other three and are testing to make sure nothing broke.

Of course, a bunch of stuff broke. Thankfully the program I’m in charge of was mostly fine but I’m on call and helping some of the other teams troubleshoot.

2 Likes

Yea, theyre closing the warehouse I work at (in the computer repair section) and Im finishing up repair on some units from a client so they can get reimaged before they take out the server on monday. But we have to get everything packed up by Wednesday and shipped to the new warehouse. And then I get to pack up my house by Oct 30th to move to a new apartment so I can work at the new warehouse