It's the Weekend! Whatchu up to?

First party as a married man,
Playing either Code Vein or Surge 2,
Opening my Wife’s Purple Pandas to test.
Contemplating budget for possible M0lly purchase.

3 Likes

I’m flying to Paris!

2 Likes

Do you contemplate it the same way I do by calculating how many dinners are instant noodles as opposed to real food?

2 Likes

Exactly

I’m stuck at home due to medical issues, but I may take apart my KBD67 rev. 1 (aka the Pingmaster) and see if i can find a way to isolate the plate from the bottom case with 2mm foam to see if that cuts down on the resonance.

3 Likes

I hope you feel better! And Yeah, foam will definitely help. What kind of foam are you using?

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the medical issues, hope you’re feeling at least a bit better today! Did you get your foam from MK Ultra before he shut the site down (:sob:)? If so & it’s made for your case it should help a decent bit with pinging. I’ve used his case foams in two really loud builds of mine & they really helped a good bit! Much cheaper & more convenient than else I’ve tried in my boards for sound dampening so far.

If it’s not cut for your specific case & you just got some foam you plan on cutting yourself the one piece of advice I’d give you is to make sure it is slightly compressed between the PCB & bottom of the case. So if it’s fitting a little loose double the sheet up or use a layer of shelf liner to get the extra height needed for it to compress slightly. I can’t remember the science behind it, but for whatever reason foam, sorbothane, etc. work best for sound dampening when slightly compressed. Anyways let us know how it goes when you get around to it!

1 Like

MKUltra’s not dead! He’s just taking a break while he hires more staff and catches up on Boardwalk and customer foams. He’ll likely be back not this coming Monday but in another week or so.

1 Like

Oh nice to hear! I knew he had plans on getting back as soon as he could, but I thought it would take a little longer. Definitely glad to hear it’ll be sooner than later!

1 Like

Thank you for the well wishes. I have surgery on Oct. 16 which may solve the issue.

I didn’t know there was custom foam available for specific cases. Not sure why the site was shut down (bummer) but I didn’t grab any.

I’ve ordered sume 50 duro (medium squishy) sorbothane at 3.1mm thickness. I think there is a bit less than 3mm of clearence, so that should provide at least contact if not a bit of compression. If it doesn’t coimpletely fill the cavity, I’ll put in the piece of shelf liner I had cut for it before I put in 2mm foam.

1 Like

It’s 2mm foam I grabbed from Michaels for $.77 (I had a coupon). Closed cell stuff (not the fluffy stuff). I’m hoping the sorbothane I ordered (see above post) helps with the noise.

1 Like

I’m going to go on a bike ride, lube switches, and eat a baguette.

2 Likes

lol I have a very similar weekend planned, biking, switch lubing, and I have some cheese to eat so baguette is probably a nonzero chance :joy:

Code, long walks with dogs, and maybe buy phasmophobia. I’m a boring, boring individual these days.

1 Like

Same thing as the past few weekends: Animal Crossing, Genshin Impact, and shaking my head at the dinguses in my state cramming themselves in bars and restaurants while I’m sitting here going “the most dangerous thing I’ve done all year is go to the hospital”.

1 Like

Work to make up for playing when I shouldn’t have.

1 Like

I have some H1’s to spring swap, lube, and film in preparation for that sweet SPACE65:CyberVoyager shipping notice email that I’m expecting any day now. I’ll probably hide my wallet and start Genshin Impact, a hold over until Cyberpunk 2077 releases next month. Oh, and I have to install a new battery into my rapidly aging Note 5.

Nice. I wish!

Going to hang with my kids and be a goof ball with them : )

1 Like

I’m going to be refreshing the tracking page for my PCBs and switches all two days.