Jae's Build / Test Streams

Hey folks,

So some of you checked out my build stream of my CA66 last week, and I’ve had a few people ask me if I’ll be doing more. It’s something I’ve done sporadically over the past 6 months or so, but something I really enjoy so I’ll def be doing more - hence this thread.

I’ll try and use here as a bit of an announcement / discussion thread, and you can check out my VOD on Twitch from the CA66 stream at the below link:

If anyone has any suggestions / requests for build streams, or typing tests of different boards or otherwise, please post and I’ll do what I can to accomodate :slight_smile:

6 Likes

First build stream on the new thread:

Board - Clueboard v3 for the lovely @meliewx
Switches - Ergo Clears
Stabs - GMK Screw in
Layout - ISO, Split left shift, 6.25 space bottom row and stepped caps
Caps - None, this will be a naked build for Mel although I may put some caps on for a sound test

Where - On Twitch, user = JaeKeebs

When -

and stepped caps! :stuck_out_tongue:

haha I wont forget your stepped caps :wink:

1 Like

One hour notice for my stream starting :slight_smile:

Next stream is now scheduled for tomorrow evening - Thursday at 8PM UK time (12 noon, West Coast, 3pm East Coast, 9pm Europe)

Stream will focus on a couple of exclusive first looks at some prototypes of the Aanzee by @westfoxtrot and the DC01 (dependant on a mail day!) designed by @mechboards

The build itself is for a Canoe in silver/grey/teal with Zealios switches. Layout still to be decided by the owner, and if we have time will be converted to QMK as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sad I’m missing all these streams Jae! Hopefully I can still catch some of the VODs when I’m back. The CA66 was a lot of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - there are plenty more to come, and I’m going to transpose the streams to youtube at somepoint as well to keep a record of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

watched the stream dude and enjoyed it , I look forward to watching future streams . Due to the time difference i am more likely to catch your streams than the top clack, assuming i’m not working of course . I do like to watch live streams as opposed to the vods, as you can comment and ask questions and get feedback pretty much straight away.:ok_hand:

Thanks man, glad you have enjoyed them :smiley:

I’ve got s few more planned as well for some stuff I’ve teased on stream already!

Sneak peak of the DC01 before the stream tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

DC01 MODULAR KEYBOARD! I am very excited

HYPE!

I have no words. But written forum so had to write something.

1 Like

live in 2 folks!!

Build stream done - canoe looks great, there was DC01 and Aanzee protos

but best of all I got surprised with pizza live on stream bought by a friend and viewer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

when i first saw it on their website some weeks back i was very interested. I’m interested in splits and ergos due to the fact i suffer from arthritis and rsi , although i don’t own any yet, and am wondering if i can make the transition?

Hey man - absolutely, I’d never used a split staggered board before I used this one, and I made the transition in about 20 mins, once i’d got the two halves comfortable.

GIVEAWAY STREAM!

Ok folks - so my next stream is set for this Friday, and will be a special one! I’ll be building a Noxary Prototype - the X75, with Brass plate, blocked top and Outemu Sky switches - which I’ll be lubing and assembling on stream as well :slight_smile:

I’ll also be teasing my latest acquisition - which will be helping to make the second build of the X75, using a copper plate and some special harvested switches :slight_smile:

I’ll also be doing a small giveaway for one lucky viewer who is paying attention on the night, as a thank you for your continued support :smiley:

Stream starts at 8pm UK time (12 noon West Coast, 3pm East Coast, 9pm Europe) on Friday 17th, and I look forward to seeing you there!

2 Likes

Reminder - I’ll be doing my build stream tonight at 8PM uk (12 noon West Coast, 3pm East Coast, 9pm Europe) - Twitch - Prototype Noxary board + Giveaway!

If you’ve never watched my lovely fellow Yorkshireman then I highly recommend you do. Jae is EXTREMELY helpful for all enthusiast levels so to speak and takes time to answer questions. So if you’re new addition to the community; don’t be shy of jumping in as you’ll be welcomed with open arms.

1 Like