JTK HSA new profile

Just linking to a couple earlier posts if anyone is interested:

thanks sir

You guys have my full support! Between Toxic & Yolch I’ve been very impressive with your Cherry profile double shot ABS caps, especially when the prices you can offer are factored in. It blows my mind that some want to nitpick your sets about legends not being as sharp or not the same alignment as GMK. I mean your sets are usually $80 to $100 less than GMK sets & you deliver 95% of what GMK does, what’s not to love there!? Also you’ve been improving quality since day one & do fixes on the molds with almost every set, that’s dedication & true craftsmanship in my eyes. So I think the more you offer & better you get, the more people will want to run sets with you!

2 Likes

Yes! I think this profile would be better on a Filco, for example, than SA Filco - and I happen to have one with a chocolatey-looking case, so this is def on my watch list.

Thank you very much for your understanding and support.

2 Likes

All these shorter SA sets are great. I hope they get ortho support.

1 Like

It looks to me that they will fare better with smaller angle like 3 to 5 degree slope while SA tends to look strange on these low slopes(but still very comfortable to my taste).

Anyway slope angles are a personal preference, some prefer big, I personnally prefer small (typing on a 3 degree slope keyboard with SA keycaps at the moment).

2 Likes

I love the profile

But looking over the layout on the site, would you consider adding an R2 Backspace for HHKB/Tsangan layouts?

1 Like

Will support more layout in the future. As this is the first version, we dont want to add too many keys because this will increast the cost.

I understand that you cannot just add any key. But offering niche stuff like a stepped Ctrl and a myriad of 1u bottom row keys, while omitting support for HHKB layout (one of the most popular layouts in the community) seems rather strange. And to cover HHKB properly, you only need a 1.5u R2 Backspace and and a 1u R4 Fn (as the bottom row seems to be R3). In my opinion, with this addition you can please a lot more people.

Will support more layout in the future. As this is the first version, we dont want to add too many keys because this will increast the cost.

HHKB layout is very popular. All the recent GMK and ePBT base kits supports it. Half of my boards use Tsangan layout which is a variation of HHKB.

2 Likes

You can find the full layout from JTK website, there are truely many keys and will be some extra keys in the version sir.

maybe I have added them, I will confirme this before.

One more question about this profile - from what I can tell, HSA is shorter and a bit more uniform in profile than OSA - is that right? OSA is supposed to be a shorter version of SA, but it honestly still looks pretty tall to me.

The HSA Dolch looks interesting. I’m getting a black GSKT-00 with the HHKB layout and a red plate, so I might get the HSA Dolch set for it.

Wow even in these latest pictures they haven’t fixed the Scroll Lock key which is misspelled.

I wonder if the issue will make into production on the sets already in groupbuy!

In the comments, they said it would be fixed.

1 Like

Hmm, the [GB] JTK HSA White on Black & HSA Beige on Brown seems to have this problem too… I wonder if it will be corrected…

Real talk though does anyone actually use a scroll lock key in 2020?

3 Likes

I think some spreadsheet users still use it.

3 Likes