Kayak - A 65% DIY Keyboard

Hi! Great build, I’d really love to make one. Have you been able to find a place to host the files yet? Would really love to download them. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey doughsay, I haven’t revisitted this project in a while. I will PM you the most recent files.

1 Like

I am also interested if you’re sharing :wink:
I can make a donation as well

hello, i just discovered this and think its great! If theres no trouble, could you PM me the files? Appreciate it!

2 Likes

I also really would like the files. I have access to a laser cutter and have a set of GMK camping begging for a board like this.

1 Like

Hi, I would really like the files for this keyboard! Thanks! What would I use to cut this out of wood?

I really don’t understand what is going on here. The creator talked about finding a place to host the files, but it should be as easy as loading them up to Github. I suspect he doesn’t really want them posted publicly, or he wants to charge for them in the future. If you ask him enough times here he does seem willing to send them directly to you.

1 Like

It is intended to be done with a laser cutter - I have a board made from one of the earlier generations of the files that was cut by beep.

Go figure I want some control over something I designed huh? This isn’t an OpenSource project that I want to simply put on github.

2 Likes

You should open source it. I know, I know, I am just spoiled by all the community members who share their designs.

I owned a Kayak that I bought from Mechmarket and messed up the plate. It also had a small dent in one corner. I figured I’d just have a new piece cut for me. I was very shocked when I looked through this thread and discovered the files were not publicly posted.

1 Like

Two years later, still have my kayak and love it. Great board. Pictured is the third and most recent revision (arguably the best).

7 Likes