Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

Lots of switch testing to in the coming weeks! Just got some Alpacas in; also waiting on some Boba U4T’s and TTC Blueish Whites. I was intrigued by the double coil spring in the Blueish White’s so I wanted to try them out myself.
Got some 62g TX Long and Short springs to play around with.
Also got some TX 0.15mm films to compare with my current Deskeys films.

4 Likes

Glad you got this up and running! I’ve been planning something similar myself (most likely very switch-focused) so it’s nice to see other people doing things like this; folks making their own little corners of the internet feels a bit like the early/mid-00s internet I loved

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: LOVE it. Congrats on getting it out there. You have another fan.

3 Likes

Watching the baby while I work.

17 Likes

One hell of a swaddle job, unless it’s one of those premade joints.

3 Likes

Nope. I’ve gotten very good at it in the last week. He’s my little burrito baby :grin:

6 Likes

Gotta get them infused with the solder fumes from an early age. Fosters a stronge appetite in tinkering for the next generation.

7 Likes

I see you’ve already discovered the many merits of baby straight jackets, I mean swaddling…

3 Likes

Doing some soldering today; zilents on another 4x10 Yasui. The new guy has an audience.

9 Likes

Desoldering a SP50 case with Nyquist PCBs.

2 Likes

Well I’m a bit loopy after this last session, but I think I’ve just spent the past 12 hours or so working on a new update to my website switchbox.studio;

• Article links now include “jumps” to better describe the content.

• New section: The Switch Kitchen - a curated selection of my favorite frankenswitches, with recipes, descriptions, and other information.

• 11 switch recipes added to The Switch Kitchen

• Style update: revised color scheme & formatting

• All article images now include some kind of caption

I have been having so much fun working on this website!

…now there’s a sentence I haven’t said in earnest in quite some time…

As always, I much appreciate any feedback, and more updates are on the way.

15 Likes

Just picked up this Wyse 50 for $70 off of ebay! Looks to be very clean. Not sure if want to keep it as is or harvest it? Gonna have to see how smooth the vint blacks in it are before making a decision. Anyone know if it’s even possible to get these running on a modern PC or USB convert it?

9 Likes

This is literally my new favorite thing. Nice work buddy!

2 Likes

The Switch Kitchen is fantastic. I know how much you like to experiment with frankenswitches and it’s a great idea to consolidate the documentation of the ones you liked into one place. It’s awesome to have your experimentation notes on this forum, but it’s also potentially hard to locate as a reference point. So, good job!

3 Likes

The Lemon Lush is still one of my favorite switches! Nice work

1 Like

It is. I’ve been working on/procrastinating converting mine for about a year and a half. Chyrosran22 did a conversion/review on it a while back.

1 Like

Purge the sin

3 Likes

dang vintage browns?? that aint no sin

1 Like

First of all, the only good brown is a desoldered brown and no, they’re from like a few years ago

1 Like

I’m going to desolder some browns off my daskeyboard tkl and put in some U4T Stems in there.
Then I’m gonna do the unthinkable and put some gat black inks on that TKL for my friend to use lol