Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

Honestly they’re pretty typical brown clones, maybe most similar to Gateron’s. They’re plenty smooth but the sound is on the harsh side even without the ping.

Tuning some 62g Boba U4T switches for @Den-Fi

I also have these to add some tasty to the task;

16 Likes

wow does Den-Fi require great pics of anything he’s using? love that shot of the switch parts in bowls. also thats truly the best mochi to pair with with those boba U4T’s :laughing:

3 Likes

HEHE. Totally.

3 Likes

Lubing Pewter switches for my 7v build!

I also replaced the springs with 62g Sprit slow curved springs. Don’t tell Parallel. The stock springs are just a bit light for my taste.

11 Likes

It going real slow today :weary:

7 Likes

Building an ALPS TKL. Well, Matias QC actually but close enough. Here switches are disassembled for modding and lubing. I’ll be modifying the protruding arm on the contact leaf to give it a nice rounder second half. As to the stem, rubber silencers will be removed then thoroughly lubed w/205g0, primarily to suppress extraneous noises Matias switches seem to be prone to.

11 Likes

XD87? Or a HineyBush PCB?

HineyBush H87A.

Fruits of the brushie brushie - also known as Boba U4Ts, which I lubed with 106 oil for @Den-Fi over the weekend.

Of the 180-switch lot, I used three for experimentation and testing, accidentally launched one stem into another dimension with my tweezers, and ended up with 28 that still have some metallic ring even after lubing; leaving a final batch of just over 145 that I’m satisfied with - pictured above in the green salsa bowl.

As for those ring-y 28, I’ll be popping those back open to see if I can identify and address the source of their… song.

They feel as good as the others, but acoustic tuning is an integral goal here so I’ll be taking another look at the leaves and springs of those.

Tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Left: 2h of baglube
Right: 1week of brushing

4 Likes

Well. It’s tomorrow - and I’m happy to report the tenacious pings were any easy fix. Just a quick donut-dip, and not a spring to be heard.

7 Likes

Upon closer inspection, I now see that’s not popcorn :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

TBF, it is buttery.

1 Like

Spring swapping! I also soaked them in 106.

I’m glad they feel different because they sure look similar!

40-something grams → 80g

4 Likes

Did some long overdue keyboard chores on the MAJA this morning. @Deadeye lubed some Boba U4Ts for me way back in October. I gave the board and keycaps a good cleaning and swapped in the new switches. They feel absolutely wonderful. There’s a good deal more meat to the thock than the T1. Though those were plenty tactile.

9 Likes

Dang you brushed all the color out!

2 Likes

I want to redo my spreadhseets for tracking how much ive spent on this hobby, my switch collection spreadsheet as well as redo the layout of my switch collection but fuckkkkk thats gonna be a ton of work

You might like Notion a whole lot more than a simple spreadsheet, which might make the work at least more enjoyable. I made my setup into a template—feel free to use it.

If you like it, you can then add a database for switch collection too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I might use notion, this is what im working with rn though Mechanical Keyboard Hobby - Google Drive

3 Likes