Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

Nice! Quite a collection :slight_smile:

I use Notion 3 days a week at work. It’s pretty nice but there is a subtle latency in everything that makes me avoid using it personally. Latency is only fraction of a second but net effect is that UI doesn’t feel real, similar to how Second Life used to feel like walking underwater.

2 Likes

Interesting, I haven’t noticed any latency on my Mac. Some momentary page loading, but otherwise fairly instantaneous.

1 Like

I’m using Macs also. I think sensitivity to latency vary widely. It may be worse with me because I’m into UX and know what impact a small change in latency can have even if users can’t perceive it directly. And your eyes adapts to slower reactions so…

This is a good point. I’m likely not attuned to it, which is a blessing I suppose haha. But now that you’ve mentioned it Don, I might start noticing it :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

oops. sorry. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This. Lack of latency is the most important aspect of UX. Yet so may SaaS companies get it wrong or simply don’t care. Using electron makes the situation even worse.
I still have documents in Notion but I’m moving to Craft.
At work we use ClickUp and it is atrociously slow.

3 Likes

I finally sat down and updated my collection of switches and I’m now at 1208 unique ones in my collection

15 Likes

I see that you need a Box CJ together with all the Gateron Ink switches :smirk:

1 Like

I messed up. Was trying to fix my Deep Navy spacebar with a dryer and now it’s a warped mess.

I’m done today, just really dissapointed at myself.

1 Like

I pulled a trace on a PCB the other day. We all make mistakes. It’s fixable! Come at it with a clear head tomorrow and give it another go.

2 Likes

I truly do wish it were fixable. WTB GMK 7u Spacebar

5 Likes

Ouch that really hurt. I know there is GMK spacebar kit like this one on drop. There are probably more options out there that matches the color better.

1 Like

Ouch.

1 Like

Yup. I’m banking on Mechmarket to pull my sorry butt out of here.

1 Like

How does that even happen?

They must have no visual inspection process or guidelines if something like that can get through.

1 Like

No, it was my bad. I screwed up with a dryer.

Ye, u can DIY PBT @ home, but ABS require a bit more.

:people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Found out the hard way, IDGAF if the new 7u isn’t straight. Never knew ticking would be a financial load as well as mental.

1 Like

My condolences…

Prob not impossible to source a 7u Deep Navy spacebar, but def a hassle nonetheless.

In the meantime you could run a 6.25u compatible layout?

Good looking Ciel! Typing this on mine rn. Glad you were able to get it programmed

2 Likes