Keyboard Chores: Share your projects!

Thank you! I would, but I’m hoping out of the seven PMs I sent, at least one person would at least respond. I really considered switching to 6.25 in the meantime, but I’ll give mech market a day or two.

Hey, you live and learn. @hellla inconvienient sometimes (ha see what I did there) but nothing can be perfect.

1 Like

(ha see what I did there)

LOL I love it hahah.

Happens to us all tho. The amount of stuff I’ve broken and the amount of inconvenience I’ve caused myself is too much to list, but they’re all learning moments!

2 Likes

Do you have a 3d-printer?

1 Like

Originative has GMK spacebar pairs in stock in various colors.

2 Likes

White spacebar would also work here as an accent and would be much easier to find. Sometimes a contrast looks much better than a slightly mismatched color.

2 Likes

@skepp No, I do not have one. I’ve thought about printing one, however.

@rpiguy9907 Yup! Currently using my white PBT spacebar, not the best-looking but definitely works for the time being.

U can use that heat bed for crooked keycaps

1 Like

My prayers have been answered.

9 Likes

Repaired a friend’s Hexgears full-size board with Kailh sockets; one had a loose connection. Just a little pressure on the contacts with an iron and a dab of solder fixed it right up.

I customized this keeb for him a while back by wrapping the top plate with laminated auto vinyl, changing the cable, tuning the stabs, and installing some modular foam under the plate and the PCB.

I also swapped the black-bottom Box Browns for white-bottom ones to better match the wrap. I modified the FFX art of Yuna to fit the plate, and he picked the keys including the Chocobo in the corner.

Even though it’s a commercial keeb with stock switches this one took a lot of time thanks to hand-cutting and folding all the key-holes in the wrap.

4 Likes

Now for the weekend’s real task; tuning @Den-Fi’s Anubis tactiles:

• Stems get a sonic bath
  • New springs get an oil bath
  • Back to stems for brushie brushie
  • Assembly and inspection

bzzzzzz

Edit; these got a distilled water bath, too:

7 Likes

LOL! This is THEE perfect use of keeb stickers.

Much excite tho. These will be going right in the 4398 and Cyberboard.

2 Likes

8 Likes

I’m currently reinserting the contact leaves into around 20 Hyperglide Black bottoms where they were either partial dislodged or had completely fallen out in transit to me. There’s tedious, and then there’s this. Needless to say, I’m looking forward to getting tops on these things and locking them in place.

3 Likes

Just a little cap bath

4 Likes

are these akko world tour?

Yep!

Organizing and consolidating all my KBD67-related small hardware.

Uh… anybody need a case tool? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh snap, I should have asked when I still had my KBD67Lite… I’m pretty sure someone in Canada might like a proper case tool, not just a hex screwdriver. Oops. :zipper_mouth_face:

Pretty sure I did almost the same thing when I sold mine. I just liked the mint-colored handle. Annnd now I have two (or three, I forget) with the arrival of my D60 Lite.

1 Like

I bought an AKKO 3098B for work and its coming in a few weeks, I’ve already received the JWICK T1s that I want to use for it.

Since this is for work and I’m not being particularly picky about the feel nor do I want to spend a lot of cash on this, I’m using Superlube for the switch lube and I’m tossing in these Swagkeys Classic springs I have lying around (14.5mm 65g). The Superlube is a 2:1 grease:oil mix of their PTFE grease and oil (41160 Grade 2 grease, 51004 oil).

The Superlube isn’t as nice as Krytox/Tribosys but its like 70% of the way there and I’d rather just have some cheap lube instead of none at all for this keyboard.

2 Likes