Keyboard Enthusiast Trendsetting & Trends

An interesting redesign of a tray mount wedge.

https://muso.design/products/creator-1-0-diy-kits?variant=39637797798068

1 Like

Is this the keyboard version of this classic?

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This looks like a fancy Campine. Strangely no WKL or HHKB options. Why have a tray mount with separate top pieces of not for that? Lol.

3 Likes

yeah… the two piece traymount seems to only increase the cost and allow for 2 tone anodization, hopefully this isn’t a new trend.

1 Like

I picked up Hype Keyboards’ stabilizer tester and was pleasantly surprised by these builtin stab pads. I’m usually not a fan of damping stabs, but these look to be made from the same FR material, ever so lightly embossed with that foil trim as shown. They’re thinner than pads without the dampening characteristics.

The huge win for me was it helped eliminate teeder-toddler with some long pole switches.

3 Likes

I’d be curious to try a PCB that has completely cut out the stab area, so it’s impossible to bottom out on the stabs. Am I crazy?

2 Likes

Interesting idea, dunno how it would feel though.

1 Like

There should be a keyset based on hobo symbols. I saw a book about them growing up and thought they were so freaking creative. Seems like they’d either be mods or a series of novelties.

15 Likes

Ha. That’s a great idea. I learned about these at train museums around here. Pretty nifty.

2 Likes

“GMK Tramp” or “GMK HomeBound”, can’t decide which name I like better.

3 Likes

Good ones!

How about GMK Wanderlust or ePBT Nomad? Lol.

4 Likes

If there’s ever a nomad set it should be based off of Mongolian culture.

mongolian-yurt

7 Likes

As sublegends

1 Like

GMK Bindle

1 Like

I really like this idea. I also like the idea of one done up with various wards.

1 Like

Do it! I love this idea.

2 Likes

But a keyboard (a forty would look amazing) in this exact steampunk aesthetic. It reminds me of the time machine from the movie The Time Machine. Lol.

4 Likes

Oh man I know some folks who would go nuts for that.

Ha, I assumed it was an Osu! micro-keeb for a second there. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m using predictive text generation for code and email everyday now and find myself absolutely dependent on the Tab key.

TextPrediction-WordWindows

Historically, this key got zero attention from me and was perfectly managed by my non-dominant hand’s wimpiest digit.

Has anyone started mapping this key somewhere else and do you also feel this tech somewhat diminishes the need to actually type anymore?

3 Likes