Keycap unicorns

Guys,

Have you ever missed out on a keycap set because of money or something else and since then am hoping for the return of the set so you can fulfill that need for the set?

Tell me which!

Mine:

KAT Milkshake
KAT Atlantis
gmk Olivia

I really hope that at least the Olivia and milkshake make a return.

5 Likes

GMK Handarbeit
GMK Chocolater
SA Chocolater (SP)
SA Nautilus

4 Likes

SA Jukebox and SA Retro. I’ve actually acquired both at this point but at no small cost!

4 Likes

Congrats for getting them but I dont even want to imagine at what literal cost

The first ones that come to mind:

ePBT Extended2048
GMK Phantom
GMK Shoko

:smile:

5 Likes

Haha well let’s just say I had 3 full alphas/tkl/Numpad kits of Jukebox at one point so as to get some of the smaller kits being sold with them.

2 Likes

GMK Shoko
GMK Necro
GMK Phantom
Those would be some modern ones that come to mind, but my real keycap unicorns would be just about any OG Cherry set, especially the more ornate versions. Although I’ve been in this hobby for around 6 yrs. now & have always kept an eye out for them with no luck. It seems most of them are in the hands of collectors & anytime I’ve ever seen them for sale the the seller knew what they had & wanted full value for it.

8 Likes

I have a few that I immensely regret not getting when I had the chance:

• DSA deep space
  • DCS green tea
  • nautilus nightmares

I have a feeling nautilus nightmares might go again, but the other two it will probably not be worth the time/money to track down

5 Likes

DSA Galaxy Class

GMK Red Honey

GMK Rainbow

GMK Carbon

3 Likes

GMK Sky Dolch
GMK Hyperfuse

I mostly want the accent kits (cyan) kits for these to use in other sets, but as a whole I also like cyan-based sets.

*not a unicorn, just an observation: there’s GMK Pulse/Mitolet that’s running right now on Drop but it’s only base kits, which costs too much.

3 Likes

Ugh the carbon was so amazing too. There is a knock off set on Amazon.

carbon has had a bunch of rounds, i wouldn’t be surprised if it comes back again at some point

2 Likes

Another on the pile for GMK Phantom.

Also wish I hadn’t slept on JTK HSA Beige on Brown.

@skepp I do have the base, tkl, numpad, and novelty kits of SP SA Chocolatier (no tsangan / whitefox kit unfortunately) - I massively over-paid for it on the aftermarket before realizing I just don’t like SA. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ideally I’d like to trade it for either GMK Phantom or JTK HSA Beige on Brown, but after holding onto the set for a couple years I suppose I’d be willing to sell it.

5 Likes

Shoko R2 ran a while ago and you can pre-order extras now: GMK Shoko Keycaps — Kono Store

Personally, I’ve been lucky enough to find most of the sets I missed and wanted after the fact secondhand. GMK TA 2015, Coniferous, and terminal. Off the top of my head I regret not joining the GB for blue samurai but I’m expecting drop to have enough extras for me to snag one.

Edit to add: Aghh I forgot I missed KAT Mizu

4 Likes

And another for GMK Phantom.

I came into the hobby just in 2018 and remember seeing renders of Phantom and thinking, who in their right mind would pay that much for keycaps. Little did I know. And now it’s my grail set. Maybe 2021 is time for a round 2?

I also regret not getting in on GMK Skidata, I umm’d and ahh’d over it for the whole GB period and then let it slip away.

4 Likes

SA Camping
HSA White on Black
HSA Beige on Brown

2 Likes

Wow, I forgot all about HSA WoB. I have an order for this set and it’s been perpetually delayed. I bet NK_ will have extras if it ever arrives.

2 Likes

They haven’t even gotten the new molds for these yet. If they show up at all I’d guess fall 2021.

1 Like

GMK Mizu
GMK Yuri (I know I just missed it again… money situation).
GMK Wavez for addons. I have the base kit and absolutely love it.

4 Likes

I forgot jtk aqua earlier, that set was :fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes