List of Cherry-profile keycap sets

How about Tai Hao? To their credit they do not blatantly knock off other companies’ colorways.

I could be wrong, but I believe they are OEM profile, which is slightly different from Cherry

Whoops! You’re right. My headcanon is Tai Hao cubic = “tall cherry.”

CannonKeys link and price range is a bit outdated.

They have NicePBT and CannonCaps now and the range is usually $60-$85

Thanks, I did have NicePBT listed as $60-85 with a link to the “NicePBT” search on CannonKeys’ site but could probably remove the separate entry for the older Honeywell set.

Do you happen to know what the distinction is between NicePBT and CannonCaps? For the Cherry-profile ones, both are dyesub / reverse dyesub PBT right?

CannonCaps: ~1.4mm thickness. PBT plastic. Less textured than NicePBT. Dye sub. Cross-shaped stem (+)
** CannonCaps CXA: ~1.85mm thickness. More textured than CannonCaps PBT keys, similar texture to NicePBT (but still different). ABS + PBT plastic mix. doubleshot. flower-shaped stem

NicePBT: ~1.7mm thickness. PBT plastic. More textured than CannonCaps. Dye sub and reverse dye sub. Flower-shaped stem on newer sets.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Added the details about NicePBT vs CannonCaps!

Is there a preferred way to refer to the Cherry-profile CannonCaps specifically (vs CannonCaps CXA)? This document is for Cherry-profile keycaps, so I just wanted to help people distinguish and link to the proper product search if possible.

Anyone know the thickness of those AliExpress clone sets?

It looks like KBD might be branding their own keycaps – PBTfans. Huge props for including Mac compatible keycaps out of the gate.

https://kbdfans.com/collections/pbtfans

3 Likes
2 Likes

Epbt is having Cool Kids R2:

https://kbdfans.com/products/coolkids

And for people looking for Swedish / Nordic keycaps we have these really good BoW.
WoB are in the makings(protos are shipping atm).
And a ortho + ergo add-ons planned after that.

https://kbnordic.se/keycaps/bow-keycaps-pbt-dye-sub-iso-ansi-nordic-kbnordic.html

2 Likes

Posting this in hope someone come across the original vendor on AliExpress.

I’m looking for this set but in different colors, mainly leaning towards WS2 white (the one I linked is WS1), what’s special about this set is the sharp and even lettering, and very nice shape and soft edges, and the sound is also nicer in some way.

I own one irritation of that mold, but I’m looking for a WS2 version. I’ve only been able to find couple of different irritation of the same set in WS1.

2 Likes

I have a question, do you have an opinion about double shot caps from Domikey ?

Are they good quality and are they visually compatible with GMK or Cherry caps ?

Some mod legends is no good =/

Domikey doesn’t use Cherry font, so they’re incompatible with standard sets from that perspective. The quality is good with some inconsistencies in the mods. Spacebars are straight but they round the front edge which some like and some don’t.

1 Like

I have a set of their Miami Nights caps on order so I can report back once I receive them. The general opinions that I’ve seen appear to be mostly positive so I’m looking forward to giving them a go in what’s probably my favorite color way of any keycap set.

Thanks, I notice that you are correct, the font are not the same (btw they are close enough) but that’s not an issue I guess because I want to order only the mods (I have many alphas in my native layout) to complete some of my keysets.

Traitors keys has 4 sets all pbt and 5 side dye sub. Cherry profile of course .

VMK White on Black Keycap Set

Does anyone try out this set? Any thoughts? How does it compare with other WoB?

2 Likes