List of Cherry-profile keycap sets

Damn those are some beautiful sets! :eyes: I didnā€™t even know the engraved & infilled (I guess?) OG Cherry sets existed. Would love to come across something like that someday, although I think most of that stuff is in collectors hands nowadays. Iā€™ve been searching ebay, thrift stores, etc. since I got in the hobby & the Cherry stuff has been even slimmer pickings than the ALPS stuff IME. Any of the nicer OG Cherry stuff Iā€™ve ever seen up for sale, the person knew what they had & wanted full pop for it LOL!

2 Likes

Thanks, added them! Always fun to see weird stuff like this.

1 Like

Found one! BoW keycaps with English and Japanese (Hiragana) legends.

https://www.idobao.net/products/idobao-original-white-japanese-character-keycap

3 Likes

Added! I love how their translations result in super confidence-inspiring descriptions; the product page says the PBT has a thickness of ā€œprobably1.3mm-1.4mmā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Added a couple more sets, including this BoW doubleshot PBT set from PolyCaps, sold by Kinetic Labs.

Pretty curious as to whether anyone can manufacture doubleshot PBT consistently or if doubleshotting is best reserved for ABS.

4 Likes

Great list.

You might want to add that some sets are a bit taller than others despite technically being Cherry profile. E.g. ePBT sits ~1mm taller than GMK.

5 Likes

Thanks! Do you happen to know if most Cherry-profile sets follow the GMK height or ePBT height?

3 Likes

From my experience, (GMK, JTK, ePBT, KPRepublic, infinikey) the only ones that use GMK height are GMK and JTK. From this I would assume that most probably follow the ePBT height, which is unfortunate because I find that height completely unusable.

5 Likes

Interesting in-depth look at new EnjoyPBT vs old EnjoyPBT

4 Likes

CannonKeys Honeywell Bold looks pretty sweet. A little pricey for a single kit, but Iā€™m sure the quality is above par.

4 Likes

Thank you! Added to the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PBT Notion by @biip and NovelKeys added - $85 for massive 176 key dyesub PBT set, sold in-stock

7 Likes

Wow! That is a really nice, classy set for the price. Nice job @biip and NovelKeys.

2 Likes

CannonKeys NicePBT Sugarplum set added - $85 for 158 key reverse dyesub PBT set

Review link for $45 Artifact Bloom set also added (my personal in-depth take vs EnjoyPBT/CRP)

4 Likes

Can someone remind me what was the problem found with the EnjoyPBT ABS double-shots?

They have all those sets mimicking GMK / Cherry classics, but apparently they arenā€™t real Cherry-profile. Which actually leads to housing interference on some rows. But I donā€™t remember the details.

Was it ever discussed here?

2 Likes

My biggest gripe with the EnjoyPBT doubleshot ABS is the consistently inconsistent legending. I have a set, and certain legends straight up look like they use a different font due to the inconsistent thickness.

If you zoom in on product photos (try the Q key), youā€™ll see this is present among all sets too.

5 Likes

Spotted these on mechgroupbuys ($59 for 137 keys)ā€”

6 Likes

Updated! Thank you for contributing to the list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can add SA veteran Domikey to the Cherry list:

3 Likes

Thank you, added!

1 Like