List of Cherry-profile keycap sets

Wow, the Domikey Classic Dolch link was added only a few days ago.

(I thought it might be a set that has run in the past.)

I guess that’s why I don’t remember reading any reviews of this. It would be nice to know if it’s decent.

Real Dolch actually GBed several months ago, so I am not sure if there is a value proposition here. It would be nice to buy to mix with sets like Honeywell, but only if it’s hard to quickly tell the difference between it and GMK.

I think Geekark is running Dolch later this summer.

PolyCaps (read:Catcher) has released Whale through Kinetic Labs, and plan to release Octopus, looks like. Maybe worth updating the entry to note that other color ways are available via Kinetic Labs.

1 Like

Beware that PolyCaps sets are missing some Tsangan keycaps like 1U Backslash and 1.5U Backspace.

2 Likes

Thanks, added!

Thanks for pointing that out – added to notes!

1 Like

Some new players in the Cherry profile market? Unless Domikey has made cherry profile keycaps before and I’m just ignorant. Found these browsing kprepublic (they finally made the website nicer!)

Dolch
Domikey Cherry Profile abs doubleshot keycap Classic Dolch for mx stem – KPrepublic

WoB
Domikey Cherry Profile abs doubleshot keycap WOB White on Black for mx – KPrepublic

From what I gathered from a qucik Google search, Domikey has a new tripleshot manufacturing technique mentioned in this geekhack thread for a set they’re running. ( [IC] Domikey “Gift” Triple Shot Cherry Profile Keycap Set by Zero-G Studio (geekhack.org))

Nice to see. I actually really enjoy the font they used. Curious to see how these look in person!

Edit: I think the Dolch and WoB sets are actually regular doubleshot. But the “Gift” set post that’s on geekhack shows their Dolch set as an example of tripleshot? Not sure. Either way, more options. Yay!

3 Likes

We need to see real prototypes - the fonts themselves are inconsistent across renders.

If the majority of readers are accurate it is interesting they went with the “Tiny Font” style of legends. It is very vintage. The number row and the mod keys all have smaller legend text than you would find on GMK or JTK.

I ordered a set of Dolch and WoB - if nothing else, to show support for alternatives to GMK. I won’t shy from critiquing Domikey if they end up being terrible, but it’d be nice to see quality alternatives for designers to choose from in the future. I’m hoping they’re nice caps.

1 Like

The Best Spacebar Ever - Domikey : MechanicalKeyboards (reddit.com)

here’s a thread from someone that has them already. they look far from terrible!

They do look pretty great! Thanks for posting the link. Now, it’ll be interesting to see if the supply issues GMK has been having will extend to other vendors like Domikey, or if they’ll suddenly clear up with some good competition!

2 Likes

another Cherry profile set from Domikey:

Domikey Cherry Profile abs doubleshot keycap Single Chip for mx stem keyboard poker 87 104 gh60 xd64 xd68 xd84 BM60 BM65| | - AliExpress

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I added a line in the notes under the Domikey listing from before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered WoB and Dolch from KPRepublic, finally arrived today. I’m impressed. Legends are clean, crisp and well defined. Texture is nice and uniform. Ever so slightly more rough than a GMK set (compared to the Extent set I have nearby), but good feel. See attached photo - there are some deviations (comparing the ‘Code’ keys on the mods row) where the legend is a little blobby. Alphas are just so crisp and clean though.

7 Likes

Is this the Domikey ABS set on this page?

Yes - I purchased the All in One of both the WoB and the Dolch kits offered at KPRepublic - happy to provide additional shots of other keys if you’re interested in non-render shots.

1 Like

No need for the trouble. I was hoping for a decent PBT WoB.

Vortex has expanded their Cherry lineup to include double shot sets.

They are not cheap, unlike other Vortex sets.

2 Likes

Those really good. I like the purple accents with the WoB. I am kind of curious how these compare to the Domikey WoB double shots that were released not to long ago.

Dunno, but Vortex Race 3 owners with 1.5u Escape can finally change their keycaps.

2 Likes

I just bought this one through Amazon since it looked really nice.

Hopefully will be here in a few weeks

1 Like

KPRepublic is also selling a Domikey set that’s kinda a ripoff of GMK Wavez.

(but not exactly)

I think the Tripleshot legends are interesting, although a little busy.

It’s been suggested that it could be a good set for the green IKKI68 Aurora. Getting the kits I would need for the Aurora totals about $106, whereas the all-in-one kit is $128. So it’s almost cheaper just to buy everything, as that would give me Numpad and a bunch of extra layouts.

So what exactly is the surface texture of these? Usually PBT is kinda harsh or really harsh. But the comments on this thread suggest that Domikey is just a little more textured than GMK. Are these pleasant PBT keycaps to use?

1 Like