Mark my words

I feel like they missed the opportunity to really show off how beautiful this stuff can look. Some curves really sets this material off.

2 Likes

Challenge Accepted GIF - Challenge Accepted Challenge Accepted - Discover &  Share GIFs

I’d love to see the end result!

https://www.binepad.com/bnr1

1 Like

[IC] ROTR Macro Pad and Knob - GB LIVE This is also a big knob

Dunno how this became a Knob Discussion, but I edited the first post. Hopefully the knob community can forgive my sins :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

this probably wont happen, but cherry gets their shit together and makes good (as in smooth) switches again.

2 Likes

In my experience the the Durock POM doesn’t exhibit this at all, but the [Edit: NK] Cream does exhibit it to some degree.

1 Like

I know, right? I have some Cobalts on my KDB67L and there’s no stick/slip for some reason…

Ooh ooh I know this one, haha

It’s because the stems aren’t POM, either in Cobalts or Durock POMs - the housings are, but the stems are some other proprietary blend. The Cobalts are also competently pre-lubed in terms of the rails & stems, which would help even if the stems were made of POM.

2 Likes

It’s because the Durock Piano POMs/Colbalts do not use a POM stem like Creams. They use the JWK P3 stem which is made from a undisclosed plastic.

3 Likes

Just watched the third episode of the new season of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (The Gang Buys a Roller Rink). Is the title of this thread a reference to this episode?? If so, I love it. If not, go watch that episode. It’s hilarious.

The episode akes place in 1998. Mac is constantly saying “mark my words” about things, and he’s always 100% wrong about what he predicts.

4 Likes

Mark my words: Someone is going to forget that @Backspace is 12 at least once a month

4 Likes

Hmm. My 12 year old son doesn’t watch it, and wouldn’t think it’s funny. Probably right there.

This is comin’ from another place, but just try to visualize it;

GMK Rum-ham

3 Likes

What no love for GMK Milk-Steak?

That’s meatist.

3 Likes

I’ll take a look if Homework allows :slight_smile: Anything I should be aware of (anything mature, etc.)?

Seems like in every switch made, the stem’s type of plastic is different from the housing, why?

2 Likes

Mainly because of the stick/slip phenomena I believe. I could be wrong there though, years ago Cherry may have settled on different materials for the stem & housing for whatever reason & everyone followed suit.

Pretty mature but not graphic. It’s a comedy. Think of it as a more crass Seinfeld. You wouldn’t appreciate the newer episodes without history. Unfortunately it’s the longest running sitcom in history, so you’ve got a lot of catching up to do.

1 Like

My battlenet account is CharDeeMacDennis and my main is Frank.

2 Likes