Mark my words

I put “Milk-Steak” under “likes” in my dating profile.

3 Likes

Here we go:

• 2024 delivery dates

• Higher prices

Those are both sort of given, but I like making sure bets :slight_smile:

What I really want to happen is the REVENGE of the 60% - last year I can only think of two, truly high end 60% boards (Ogre and Squid60) that ran. I know there were a couple others like Palmetto, but it got almost no attention.

I guess I should mention the Heavy Grail to be fair, but somehow Ryan’s boards are in a different mental category for me than the rest of the market.

We are getting Polaris V2, but come on designers wow me with something new.

5 Likes

Revenge of the SITH = Revenge of the 60%… I see what you did there…

1 Like

I dont think 12 year olds know seinfeld either

2 Likes

Ye, I hope for that to.
And shouldn’t the J-02 be together with the Ogre and squid?

J-02 was 2019, you may be thinking of the J-01 rev1

GMK x A24 sets
Hereditary, Green Knight and Midsommar will all make an appearance for R1.

Hmm, almost certain that a bunch of J-02 shipped out 2021. :thinking:

VIAL? Better in most ways.

Prototypist’s keyboard gb tracker mentions a private gb for EVA J-02s, but the second public round is “Coming soon” pending a redesign

Huh, you just described what I’m feeling with the Durock linears but didn’t know how to call it, stick slip phenomenon is what I’m experiencing with those switches.

We will see some extreme short throw switches like 2.5mm full travel. Some switches are already at 3mm…Where are my extra long >4mm travel switches so I can always avoid bottoming out?

At the same time, a resurgence in definitely-not-mx-brown switches may happen as a response to extreme tactiles like Boba U4 with no pre/post travel. The trend has started as a lot of new tactiles are advertised as clear-like.

3 Likes

I think that’s a pretty safe bet as there seems to be push in the low profile mechanical market.

1 Like

I should have specified for full size MX switches. I think low profile switches already hitting these numbers. I agree that the low profile market seems to be growing if the Nuphy Air is any indication.

1 Like

I think we’re going to see a surge in clicky switches within the next year or two… Currently Kaihl is dominating the clicky segment of the market (see this table on a Keybumps, which shows Kaihl having 20 of the 40 known clicky switches<1>), and Zealios is introducing their Alps inspired Clickiez design.

This will pave the way for other companies to put out new clicky switches since this appears to be an area that isn’t as well explored compared to linear and tactile switches. (And there is potential for more profit.)

<1> It’s also worth noting that several of these switches are only available in pre-builts… Which means that Kaihl likely has well over 50 percent of this market segment for clicky switches.

2 Likes

I wasn’t excluding full size MX switches… A lot of times when a technology hits one part of the market, it will find its’ way into other segments. So the low profile switches could have an effect on the full size switches.

2 Likes

About time we saw a resurgence of lighter-medium tactiles. There’s all the various Durock Medium Tactile variants but those haven’t really been advertised/talked about that much (Cerulean, Kinetic Labs Penguins and Dragonfruits are probably the most well known).

The wave of heavy tactiles and subsequent counter wave of all the new linears are fun, but I still think that a light-medium tactile is the best for sustained touch typing and comfort.

Perhaps Midway60 also belongs on that list :slight_smile:

I think most of the 60% thunder in 2021 was taken up the Bakeneko and all its various implementations (Cannonkeys, Ciel 60 etc)

Yes that is another one that I completely missed. Maybe the problem is that all the YouTubers love 65-75% boards.

No one vlogs anymore that gets really excited for 60s now that top clack stopped.