Massdrop x Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Switches

An invitation for more spiciness? https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/a405q0/holy_panda_switches_drop_is_live/ebafvm2/
I’ll just leave this here.
Hope it turns out well though.

Going with 180 Holy Pandas and, if Gsus drops to around $0.70 ($0.60 for switch + $0.10 for fast arrival), 140 Gsus for Halo stems I already have. Given signs of other ongoing switch development activities, 330 option seemed tad much.

Spicy indeed. I’m in the drop. Bottom line for me is I’ve been waiting for Holy Pandas for a year.

If it turns out they’re the same and I didn’t join because of speculation, I’d be bummed I didn’t join.

If it turns out they’re not the same and I did join, oh well. That’d be disappointing, but live and learn and then move on with my life.

Those are just my feels, and I get other people feel differently.

2 Likes

I agree, I went in for 180 of them. Considering they are saying this is a one time drop (although I doubt that’ll stay true) & this is from the original creators of Pandas I can easily get behind this drop. Will be disappointed if they turn out different than the originals, but I already got my HP fix on the board I built with V1 Zealios that have Outemu Sky actuation leaves swapped in them. Actually I’m kinda worried HPs are gonna be a let down because how smooth the Zealio combo I did is.

1 Like

Backed it for 50. Need to make a hotswappable pcb for the handwired 40% layout I usually use as I don’t have the heart to solder these into anything.

1 Like

Going in for 110, also still sticking with the 110 gsus switches I’ve already ordered so I can do some comparing.

will be grabbing 330 here I think

1 Like

Went for the 180 option. They better be good.

I am going in on both drops. Maybe put them on the same board and have them coexist together in harmony.

i’m pretty sure the original panda molds are in a quantum superposition of broken and in fully working order and Mech27 hasn’t actually looked at them yet

8 Likes

Well I just got my shipping notice for the first drop, so we’ll see what’s up with these switches in a few days here. Anyone else who ordered on the first drop keep an eye out for your shipping notice if you haven’t gotten it yet. Not sure when the purchases from the second drop will go out, but I’m hoping not to long after since they are supposed to be from extras they had made during the original run for these. In fact it would be pretty nice if they sent me all 200 of mine right now (90 from the first, 120 from the second), but I’m not holding my breath for that to happen. Anyways figured I’d post a heads up there is some actual movement on this GB finally! :relieved:

2 Likes

I just got my shipping notification as well. I ordered whatever the largest quantity was to split up with some friends and we’re all waiting eagerly for them

2 Likes

Got my shopping notification yesterday as well…

1 Like

Got my shipping notice on June 28th and for some reason, USPS shows that it’s coming from Hawaii…?

Just got my shipping notice for my batch from the second drop today. So anyone who ordered from that keep an eye out on your inboxes!

Same!!!

1 Like

Nice :grin:, did you get any from the first drop or will this be your first batch?

1 Like

This will be my first experience with Holy Pandas! I’m excited to compare them with my Zealios!

1 Like

I think you’ll be happy with them, I’m happy with mine from the first drop! V2 Zealios are a bit more refined, not gonna lie about that, but Holy Pandas really do have a special feel & sound to them IMO. That goes for Holy YOKs & Holy GSUS too. These MD HP’s & those all feel 99% the same as OG HPs IME. I’ve heard some people that are very familiar with OG HPs say there are some tiny differences in feel between those & them. Although I have a funny feeling that is mostly nitpicking to keep the OG HPs superior in their mind, especially if they paid big bucks for them before the flood of clones. Anyways, let us know how you like them once you get them in & get a chance to try them out!

1 Like

Dang the tracking for mine from the first batch have said USPS is waiting for the item for like two weeks now, maybe I should contact massdrop…

1 Like