Massdrop x Invyr Holy Panda Mechanical Switches

If you don’t get it by early next week I would, but my USPS tracking never really updated & the package just showed up one day. So that is not out of the ordinary with this drop, since they are shipping them straight from the factory in China instead of from Drop’s warehouses AFAIK.

1 Like

I just checked now and it is showing that the package is in South San Francisco (I’m in San Jose) but the tracking doesn’t have an ETA or anything. Massdrop tracking has been all over the place lately, my last one said it was going to come a week after it actually showed up :man_shrugging: I’m in no rush to get them

1 Like

Just got mine, haven’t really done much yet but, I gotta say the Mint pandas I made are way more interesting and tactile. I think the issue with this round of Massdrop switches is they all come heavily prelubed, which is likely affecting the tactility. Anyone also experience the same?

Yup. The bump on my trash pandas are way more pronounced. Also the MD HPs are inconsistently lubed too. I will crack open my holy pandas and try and clean them out…which is terrifyingly tedious although I was expecting to lube them all the same, I guess.

I see. How do you plan on cleaning them?

I’ll probably just soak the stems in warm dish detergent and water and see where that gets me. Hopefully the internals of the casing aren’t also gunked up.

Yeah I’m probably going to throw them in my ultrasonic cleaner. Some of these are just gunked…

Did anyone end up comparing properly cleaned and relubed Drop Pandas with ones that are built with YOK/Mint/Trash pandas? Wondering is there is a difference in the end

1 Like

I’m willing to bet that the tactility feels more or less the same but that the tops might be slightly different.

I got some holy pandas from this group buy. Unfortunately they have been badly, inconsistently prelubed in factory. Have you tried to clean them? Did you swap springs too?

1 Like

yes, I noticed inconsistent feel of some switches.
I haven’t opened them yet.

No real difference between these & YOKs or GSUSs with Halo stems once these are cleaned & properly tuned IME so far. I haven’t tried the MD HPs in a board yet, but loose YOK Red Pandas & Trash Pandas with Halo stems feel pretty much identical to these.

I had to clean mine, at first I soaked some stems in iso alcohol & threw some housings into my ultrasonic cleaner which did work. Although I also took a few & just wiped the stems off with tissues & cleaned the housings out with those cheap lube applicators which worked just as well as the extensive route. I lubed up a few of each cleaned either way & you can not tell a difference. So I’d recommend just wiping off the stems & cleaning the housings out with a lube applicator or something similar to save the time & effort.

2 Likes

I’ll be opening a few up as well as comparing force curve graphs of DIY Holy Pandas and Massdrop Holy Pandas since some have been sent to me for testing.

1 Like

Nice! Are you gonna open up the MD HPs & clean off the factory lube? it’s pretty bad on some of them, so I’d at least check before doing your tests.

I think I’ll test both cleaned and uncleaned MD HPs to show people whether or not it’s in their heads, or a reality they can feel

5 Likes

Thanks Huey!