Matt3o MT3 Tolkien Keycaps (live!)

I’m not sure if there’s a thread to share upcoming releases that we are unreasonably excited for. But here’s one thing I’m very stoked about:

“Soon” :star_struck:

3 Likes

Yes please indeed. I had the DSA set that he put out a while ago, but the quality was pretty low in my opinion and I didn’t care for the colors. I’ll be really looking forward to this.

2 Likes

I’m not a fan of the colors. They look cheap =/

2 Likes

I went for the Cyrillic set in that run & have to agree the quality wasn’t the best. Not the worst either though, for the $45 or so it cost me for the whole set with extras I feel like it was worth the price. This on the other hand, I’m definitely down for!

1 Like

I own the MT3 set in Elvish and like it a lot. Not a fan of the green mod in this new set. I do like the color of the Dwarfish set, but I don’t like the legends as much. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll purchase a set just to support Matt3o. ha.

Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted that original MT3 set for a while, but never found it for sale for a reasonable price. Guess that’s what I get for skipping it when it was on sale originally… :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I did say my excitement was unreasonable :upside_down_face: Well, I think Drop is moving towards perpetual sales, so there’ll likely be mitigated risk in “waiting and seeing” how it looks like IRL.

2 Likes

Damn son, sign me up.

Edit: I’m in it just for Tolkien’s Eye.

1 Like

Kind of a magic girl vibe.

Same as the DSA caps u can bundle with Planck/Preonic. :upside_down_face:

Prototype green looks much better to my eyes than the original renders. Also, the deskmat might be a map of Middle Earth, which would be cool.

*edited title of the thread for clarity

10 Likes

Although I can’t imagine myself using it, this is one of the most legendary keycaps sets you could make.

2 Likes

heck yes, this looks really nice. I own the Elvin caps in MT3 and I adore them, but this green and this cream (instead of gray) looks so much better to me. I was a bit offput by the origianl renders but this is certainly on the right track now. Exciting stuff. Now to find THE board for these caps. Hmm…

3 Likes

Agree with this

I like that the green might be getting darker with each prototype. Also, he shows the novelties and dwarfish prototypes—

2 Likes

I love that “eye of Sauron” novelty, it is a beauty. The other ones look very detailed (Boromir’s horns in particular) so it’s hard to really pick up everything. I’m not sure if they are the final designs or not.

Can’t wait for these to drop. Hopefully “one of” the last keycap GBs I join this year.

1 Like

Yee, I’m stoked for 'em too!

Looks like both MT3 Elvish and MT3 Dwarvish are ready for pre-order - I like how they’re PBT MT3 as well

1 Like

They turned out nice, I ordered the Elvish. It’s even cooler that you can actually type in Sindarin (Elvish) with this board. I truly appreciate how much matt30 geeked out over this and put in the work to make this accurate and true to the language.

(Not that I would ever write much in Elvish.)

2 Likes

They’re actually both so cool…