Matt3o MT3 Tolkien Keycaps (live!)

These are awesome, but you have to admit they’d be something

would have on his keyboard.

Bart or Marge or somebody would try to search the comic book library computer, and be like “what’s this supposed to be” and he’d be like “dear sir, that is my MT3 Elvish keycap set in PBT plastic as protection against my greasy fingers. It’s limited edition, group-buy only, and I would ask you not to touch it unless you are performing a search.”

“But I can’t read Elvish!”

“Not my problem.” Gestures to other terminal computer “There is a Dwarvish keeb over here if that is your preference.”

8 Likes

I’m totally here for the Dwarvish one! #PBTGang

2 Likes

Is anyone getting the artisan SA R1?

I’m definitely getting the new elven set. Gonna put it on this bad boy

Excuse the cat hair. My friggin cat is shedding like crazy this morning.

I’m thinking the dwarvish set would look amazing on the upcoming Protozoa studio foundation case in wrinkle gray.

3 Likes

That’s beautiful :astonished: Where did you get the case from?

I got it from here recently:https://fnctl.co/

extremely pricey, but a beautiful product. Probably too much for a tray mount case, but he’s working on adding some gasket material for the next round. Maybe something like the new wooden tofu case with orings on the standoffs.

Speaking of, the Elven caps would look outstanding on that case too. And I bet it feels good with the center post removed.

https://kbdfans.com/products/tofu60-walnut-o-ring-mount-case?_pos=18&_sid=3c160070b&_ss=r

That one is very much worth the prcie :slight_smile:

1 Like

I won’t be home to see these keycaps IRL for a while (:pensive:), so please post your keycaps when you get them!! I want to see these sets in action :).

I got my shipping notification on Thursday. Drop shipped them DHL and I definitely did not pay for fast shipping so I am guessing I got lucky or all the early preorders with free shipping got DHL. They are in my state already (NJ) so they should be here in a few days!

1 Like

I feel like DHL tracking lives by the motto ‘under-promise, over-deliver’. I usually get my parcel several days or more ahead of the target delivery date.

You guys are getting shipping??

But seriously, I got shipping yesterday and my caps are headed to California via UPS. Already an exception! I assume I will see these before March but you never know.

Nice stroke of luck to get DHL shipping.

You would think everything made in China would come through ports on the west coast of the US, but a lot of Drop items come into country through New Jersey. This is great for me, lol.

I won’t even pretend to know the first thing about international shipping by sea, or why drop would do this.

Cross-posting rpiguy9907’s MT3 Elven snaps here. They look better in-person compared to the renders imo!

2 Likes