What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

My 5th win :wink:

Summary

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes, the purple is cute. I’m actually matching the legend color with the Azur kara. I will post a pic when I put them together.

1 Like

Picked up some NK_ Sherbets as someone was selling them for $0.2/switch shipped.
Been itching to try out clicky switches, shall see how they perform :slight_smile:

11 Likes

What do you think about them? how to they compare to other linear switches?

Got a pack of 90 Gateron Clear springs in from @fatalruin who hooked me up with them (thanks again man!). Been really digging lighter & lighter linears recently, so figured these would be a great way to try such a light weighting before buying any aftermarket springs in the same range. I’m worried they’ll be just a little too light for me as I did have a Tada68 with Gat clears way back. Although that was when I was still in my “heavy tactile best” phase, LOL!

8 Likes

MT3 Elven - the boxes (pictured) are really cool.

The modifier green is slightly darker than renders and the caps are a bit more beige as well. Still looks great.

16 Likes

I’d say it looks better than the renders, the renders felt a bit off to me.

1 Like

The problem is that even if you like them, there isn’t any aftermarket springs that are exactly like them? IIRC, they bottom out at 40g and are 15mm long.

1 Like

This is true, I wonder if TX has a long 40g? That should be comparable.

1 Like

Your collection is awesome just reading the labels is fun!

Perhaps keyring labels could work on the zippers?

1 Like

They do
Edit: Actually they don’t. Sprit supreme has 40g but is 14mm long. That maybe the closest you can get.

I haven’t touched my gat clear since I tried them the first night. Stock clear definitely need to be lubed lol

1 Like

U-80-A POM plate

8 Likes

Hey hey, great mail day. SP Semiotic came in!

16 Likes

I LOVE THAT SET. Amazing stuff bud.

2 Likes

Ooooooo. Where did you pick that up?

Ponoko

1 Like

I love these icons so much. Such a fun set. I also enjoy the texture of G20. I don’t know that it’s best-in-class for typing or anything, but I don’t struggle with it too much.

I was so excited to get my extension kit after all of these years so I could put Semiotic on some boards (since most of my keyboards now have 7u spacebars, stepped caps and split right shifts). I didn’t even bother to notice that there is no stepped G20 cap. RIP. Also, either the newer caps are a lot whiter, or my caps have significantly yellowed, or both.

New on the right

Maybe I’ll sell my old set at a discount and pick up a new base

6 Likes

Good idea. Looks like they revised their molds a bit. Sucks though you have to wait to put them on a board!

2 Likes

First delivery to my new hoose! Today’s goodies are from ELBOARD:

• TTC Heart switches b/c they’re novel and funky

• Gateron Vermillion Bird switches because every now and then I buy switches to go with a sticker and not the other way around (and I also heard they’re not bad)

• Bonus stickers! Just in time for the new plastic organizers I got this week…

10 Likes

@insolentpotato Sent me some sauce. Also got the last piece to my Evija puzzle (still debating on hasu vs yang, though).

9 Likes