What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Makes the box looks like it has switches in it, not an entire keyboard.

2 Likes

I’ve acquired more, really nice, very clear, plastic storage jars for switches. I also got some Amber T1’s in today as well.

12 Likes

I know this is a closet or similar, but the lighting and the wire racks made me think for a moment that you were storing your switches in the refrigerator. lol

3 Likes

I think the bottom right switches are porcelain blues. How do you like them?

@ListlessLlama - This is my office storage racks, so my workbench is right below this shot hence the weird lighting.

@Backspace - They seem nice, but I bought them as backup switches for my Wife’s keyboard. I was worried the switches I ordered (Zeal Tealios) weren’t going to be available when the keyboard itself shipped. So I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to do with them other than observe the pretty color.

4 Likes

What kinda tomfoolery we talking about? Like heavy-6 mx compatible tomfoolery?

4 Likes

Boba LT was tad heavy for me but I was running short on TX 60g longs, my favorite. Picked up more TX stickers as well, also my favorite.

11 Likes

Exactly that :wink:

3 Likes

:raised_hands:

I have the 53g versions. They were scratchy stock but not horribly so - just the audible shuffling noise rather than anything you can feel. So I lubed them with 205g0. The ones that feel great feel truly excellent. However, some still maintained that audible scratch, which was a bit confusing. So while a bit inconsistent, the good examples are stellar. There are just a lot of duds to sort through.

1 Like

• Purp Tecsee Stabs from Paramount Keys, because at some point, I’m tryin’ all the stabs. These are behind Owlstabs in-line for upcoming builds.

• BIG tactile boi; collected them all, I have

• Mystery switches: BOX Pinks ( hey, the bag of mystery hasn’t let me down yet )

• MOAR Matrix switches, because I’m getting a solid feel for my favorite kinds of switches and these fall comfortably in that little circle. Alongside 2 or 3 others, these are some of the few I have more than one set of; I know I’ll either want to put them in another keeb of mine, or use them in a premium build for a friend or build client.

8 Likes

My 7-year-old discovered the “blue” song and “Never Gonna Give You Up” and has been playing both non-stop for weeks. It’s like we have a meme soundtrack to our lives now. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Have a happy time building!

1 Like

Got my first solderable pcb(finally!), a simple soldering kit from amazon, and a hhkb cut brass plate earlier this week. The plan is to rebuild my bakeneko60 with mx black.

11 Likes

When I ordered my DCS clear polycarbonate caps from PMK, I realized that all of my 1.5u R2 caps were the wrong profile (They somehow sent all R3 1.5).

Anywhooo, shot them a request and got the correct replacements today… with a special bonus:

18 Likes

Yeah SP usually sends a similar extra cap or two out with missing key fulfillments. Haven’t seen this one yet, pretty cool! The last one I got just was white on pink SA R3 Oops cap LOL.

2 Likes

It’s those kinds of touches that wants me to go back to certain vendors. Makes my day :blush:

4 Likes

@pixelpusher hooked it up!

25 Likes

Lookin good. Love the simple, sleek aesthetics of the hatchet

2 Likes

Love the look! Does it feel cold when using?