What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Coiled Cablemod cable.

12 Likes

• NK87EE in beige

• Bolsa’s Corsa tactiles

Look at that fancy box!

And yes, I got the Corsas for that beautiful rossa - but I also wanted to see what Bolsa had going on with their bespoke stem. These pretty much seem like a tactile Techno Violet to me; long pole nylon business.

16 Likes

Lost the BACKSPACE cap for my 87UW (well my son), so after a while I thought the only option is to get a new 104UW, and maybe use its 40g domes for another board.

8 Likes

Only for a little while, it heats up after just a couple minutes of use. Honestly it doesnt bother me all that much.

sweats nervously while changing username

3 Likes

Some interesting samples and a backup pack for the Lavenders I’m going to experiment with

7 Likes

Seems like Akko changed their molds or at least something about the switches, not sure if I like it.
The subtle difference threw me off at first, pulled a random switch from the box and it sounded different, luckily I found 1 small change in the mold (under the LED cutout), so I could identify them as I just threw them into the jar with the rest ot the Akko LPs I had left.

I’ve examined them and it turns out that they are infact different.

They seem have some factory lube now, which makes them have lower pitch, sometimes even inconsistently muted like oil pool up in the stem well (like some of my U4Ts suffered from btw) but it’s not it, stem wobble is greatly reduced, leaf ping is noticeably less bad but still there, and what I did not like at all - they’re noticeably more tactile.

I don’t think Akko changed the weighting but rather made them sharper, which ruined them for me, they used to be punchy, bump was round and drawn out but still light and relaxed, it’s not balanced anymore, it’s tiring and feels like it has the same sharp bump profile like any other “hyper tactile” in the market just lighter.

4 Likes

If you have any Bobagums or LTs, I think the Akko / KTT round-bump stems go great with them.

1 Like

Ikki68 Aurora charcoal. I never liked the gold badge but now that Cannonkeys is running a buy for some other community designs in black, I decided to pick one up from extras at Prototypist. The gold looks okay with coniferous, so I’ll use that until this summer when the other badges arrive.

19 Likes

Pine64 Pinecil

15 Likes

My heavy grail w/ pink plate came yesterday but I’m out of town until the 27th. Luckily my neighbor got the package for me but WOW I really wish I could build it right away.

6 Likes

Nice, I guess the first thing when coming back is checking the package!

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, I kind of regret buying a Hakko soldering iron rather than one of these USB-C powered ones. The Hakko is nice, but I don’t like that it has to permanently take up space on my desk. I hadn’t heard of the pinecil before, but looking at the product page it looks like an extremely reasonable alternative to the TS100. Are you planning on flashing the firmware to IronOS?

2 Likes

Yes. but later.

1 Like

Got some new dyesubs 3000SAB :blush:

15 Likes

Hubris by Rain is here. Only 20 made, sold in under a minute :smiley:

16 Likes

ISO Be, give it to me

4 Likes

Space Cadet came a day early! Super hyped to start typing on it, my first GMK set

17 Likes

Nice grab for your first GMK set! I got the set from Rd.1 & it’s one of my favs still to this day. Hoping to be able to pick up the R5 True Cadet kit before all the extras sell out to pair with set. I got True Cadet from Rd.1 as well, but that was R4 for the bottom row keys. Anyways enjoy the set & put up some pics when you get them on a board!

2 Likes

Bro, don’t steal my dyesubs :kissing_closed_eyes:, they are already hard to get, these go nicely next to my SAF

1 Like