MOMOKA Frog Switches

Wow, I think I’m sold. Big props to @MOMOKA or delivering a solid switch even in the face of skepticism from all angles from the community!

3 Likes

Great write up as usual Deadeye! I think one thing you forgot was that the lower activation was supposed to be a feature, not necessarily a quirk. Although how you feel about this in practice probably comes down to preference :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks much! I enjoy that people enjoy it.

Ah, perhaps I should have worded that “quirky feature” - I do know the lower activation is intended. I also wouldn’t be surprised if that light mechanical resistance was intended as well; I have a hunch that is helping with the stability during travel.

4 Likes

Aright y’all, here’s the review of the Momoka FROG Linear switches:
Video: Momoka FROG Linear switch review - YouTube
Written: Momoka FROG Linear – KeebWorks

A big THANK YOU to @MOMOKA for giving me this opportunity. Can’t wait for those hall-effects to come into action!

(I’ll continue to upload any relevant information on the website if anything surfaces).

6 Likes

Nice! Liked, subscribed, and bell icon SMASHED. Great review buddy.

1 Like

I’m still waiting on my switches image

4 Likes

I feel you! I was joking just yesterday that I thought I’d located the in-stock Water Kings I’d ordered a month+ ago:

4 Likes

Got mine today. Can attest to this review being spot-on.

My short take: nice factory lubed switches that look pretty and feel stable. If they were 5 pin I would probably consider them on more boards. For now, these will be hot swap only. And a positive thing about them is that the housing size is really good for hot swap. Very easy to get in and out of the plate.

4 Likes

Ahoy - thought I’d let you know that Kono is doing a GB of these:

I think these are very worth it at 50 cents apiece - if you need a quality 3-pin linear, Frogs are a great option. Smooth, stable, and compatible with anything - more butter than skate, and of course, very RGB-friendly.

1 Like

You know, I swore I wouldn’t buy any more linears yet here I am. I’d had my eye on these so I’m in for a batch.

I bought a batch from mku a few weeks ago and really impressed. If you are allergic to loobing these are easily the smoothest, most consistent factory loob switch I’ve used. Will probably get more.

2 Likes

This looks interesting. Would you say the bottom out is soft? Do you know how they feel compared to topre’s bottom-out feel or MX silent switches’ bottom-out feel?

1 Like

Not that soft; there’s no give at bottom-out and no soft pads. It’s more like a gentle knock with a knuckle vs a steel door knocker, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

They really are quite nice. I almost built my Haus with them, but decided to put them in my Sangeo60 that will be here next week. Plan to use them stock.

1 Like